Monday, 9 September 2013

Review: Cardmaking & Papercraft

Soooo, I've actually had this issue for nearly a week (benefits of being a subscriber), but it wasn't until this weekend that I actually had a proper chance to read through it - combination of lots of work and too many crafting projects I want to do (as my blog posts over the weekend might indicate).

This issue comes with some vintage-style Christmas stamps so you can get started on your Christmas crafting and I for one will be putting these to good (and lots of) use.  As always. the first project is how to use your freebie.  There are cards, gift boxes and gift bags.

I really like the 3-D card created by Karen Watson in Christmas Greetings.  She uses Wild Rose Studios stamps, which I love, but these could easily be used on other images too.  I'm going to have a go at a couple of these.  I am out most of next weekend, but the weekend after I really want to have a crafting weekend.  I also love the technique she uses to create a snow effect - acetate and an embossing folder - who knew the effect would be so good.  Anyway, I think these cards would make great cards for the more special people I have to make cards for, i.e. close family and friends.

The cards in 10 Ideas With Faux Stitching are simply adorable, and I am now very tempted to go purchase some of the Papermania Tilly Daydream packs and makeup some of these cards.  This will have to wait until next month though, unless I sell some things, as I have done a few too many raids on Hobbycraft since payday, so have a put a ban on myself from buying anything crafty, unless absolutely essential.  My favourites have to be the Christmas-themed ones - Snowflakes & Heart and Sleigh Belles.

I am also love the Christmas decoration by Dawn Philips in Glitterball.  It is a gorgeous poinsettia-style flower decoration, but made from die-cut bauble shapes.  I will be having a go at this, just as soon as I lift that self-imposed crafting spend embargo and can  buy a bauble die.

Fright Night has some great Halloween decorations, including bunting, boxes and party bags, perfect to hand out those treats in.  There is a pumpkin, Frankenstein's monster and a mummy.

Brilliant Baubles has got me wanting to buy myself a FlitterGlu kit, as I am now desperate to try out gilding and I love the effect that Simonne Clay has created on her baubles.  I am going to wait for the GNPE next month though to get my FlitterGlu, as they are usually there and fingers crossed they will have an offer on.  I love GNPE as it is really close to me and there are always loads of great companies and new products there.

Other projects this issue include:
  • Quick makes has a Christmas theme going on, designed by Christine Emberson, Nikki Bowman and Paula Holifield
  • Delightful Decoupage
  • Five Cards Under A Fiver has a Let It Snow CAS theme
  • Leonie Pujol tries out texture past
  • 6 Ways With Monograms
  • 10 Minute Makes has Halloween cards
  • Q&A has advice on using glass paints and how to sell cards online, amongst other hints and tips
  • Sharon Armstrong has a needle felting project
  • Upcycle with Street Maps


Giveaways this issue include:                                                                                                                
  • £1000 of Pink Paislee prizes
  • Starform goody bags
  • Crafter's Companion goodies
  • Tonic Studios 3D Star Ornament dies
  • Luck Dip
  • Woodware Stamping Sets
As you can probably tell, this issue is great and I love it.  I just need to find time to do everything now.


The next issue is out on 3rd October and comes with a free Christmas Embossing set (which looks amazing).

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi Holly, I receive the CM&P magazines regularly, I like reading them, not everything is helpful but everything else... great! I'm glad you like it too!
    xxxxxxxxxxx
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget