Tuesday, 3 September 2013

Sweet Sketch Wednesday - Broken Box Designs

Soooo, it is Wednesday, which means that it is time for a new challenge over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday, and here is your brand new sketch this week:



This week we are sponsored by Broken Box Stock, which is a new sponsor for me, although I have used their products in the past, and I love their style.

Broken Box Stock is a fun, imaginative and unique clipart shop featuring hand-drawn illustrations and digital stamps by Wendy Sefcik. Crafters, digital stampers, scrapbookers, business owners, teachers, bloggers, website owners, etc. adore the collection of clipart and find endless ways to spruce up their look with Broken Box Stock graphics.


I used Butterfly Toodle for my card.  I love this image.  I had my grandma in mind when I chose this, is she loves butterflies, but as it is not her birthday until May, I will probably end up using this card for something else.

I think subconsciously, I also wanted to have one last summer 'hurrah', as the nights are now getting darker and cooler, and as much as I am looking forward to Autumn and Winter, I will be sorry to see the lovely summer we have had  this year go.  If only every summer was as good as the one we have just had.  I even have a slight (very slight) tan, which has not happened for the last too many years.

Anyway, I digress as usual . . .



I coloured my image with promarkers, chosing my colour palette from the butterfly I had chosen as my embellishment.  I love the little denim dress I have given the girl in my image.
I die cut the image into a circle and used the same blue promarker as for the dress to add a border around the edge.  


The paper I have used, and despite the two patterns is just one paper, is from an old Papercrafter kit.  The yellow bit does have butterflies on it, but I think they have all got covered up.
The ribbon is from my stash, as is the butterfly.  The butterfly is actually one of a batch I made ages ago and first used in my 'Naming Names' post, where there are a couple of variations on the butterfly design.  I still have some of them left and use them at every opportunity.

Anyway, I hope you like my card.  The sketch was really easy to use this week, and I can't wait to see what everyone creates.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx




7 comments:

  1. Cute, Cute!! Love the image, very sweet and I adore that butterfly embellishment - how perfect!!
    Blessings to you Holly!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that little butterfly embellishment this week Holly! Nice job. Sadly I am like you, "slightly" tanned. I can't get a decent tan to save my life. -- or as my mother would put it: blessed with my Irish grandmother's lovely complexion :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling card Holly. the butterfies are a perfect addition to your card. I love your colors too. It is sad to see summer come to an end. I love fall, but I am not looking forward to the cold winter. Have a great week.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet card Holly! That butterfly couldn't be more perfect paired with your darling image. Love it!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun butterfly with the cute image. Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  6. That big butterfly is so great with this image! Beautiful and soft colors, and very pretty ribbon too!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Holly such a fun card and fun colours. Love your wonderful butterfly great embellishment for the finishing touch to your card which goes perfectly with you image. Take care and have a great week.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget