Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Sweet Sketch Wednesday: A Day For Daises

Soooo, it is Wednesday, which means that it is time for another challenge over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday, and this week we have a slightly unusual sketch for you, but it was great fun to work with:


We are sponsored by one of our more regular sponsors, A Day For Daisies:

A DAY FOR DAISIES provides themed categories of over 1000 fun and whimsical digital images, including fairy tales and magical mermaids, cutie kids, vintage illustrations, sentiments and lovely designs for all occasions!



So this week, I must admit, I did struggle a little with my card, but not because of the sketch.  Rather, it was my own fault as I tried to fit too much on a smaller card.  Lesson learned - just use a bigger card.  I have started to use 6x6inch cards, but though that I would try touse up my 5x5 inch cards.

I did manage to fit everything on, but I had to amend my design slightly, and there is not as much of my papers showing as I would like.  Never mind, after my initial panic, I think it actually turned out OK.


To make my card this week, I coloured my image using distress inks and cut it into a square.  Before backing into pink paper I made and attached the curtain.

To do this, I folded a charm square, which I got from an old issue of Simply Homemade, in half and gather stitched the top and middle to make a curtain shape.  I then wrapped some ribbon around the middle and attached the whole thing to the image panel.  I hid the raw edges of the top and bottom by wrapping around the back of the card.

I then layered this panel onto some pink paper, which I in turn layered onto some spotty paper, which I then layered onto another panel of pink paper before attaching to a white blank.
You can tell hubby took this photograph - he tried to make it all arty
To finish, I attached a sentiment to the side, which again was layered onto pink paper.

I actually really like the finished card, and it reminds me of one of my nieces (in her nicer moments) as she is such an animal person.  I think this is why I chose the image in the first place.

I can't wait to see what everyone else does with this sketch this week.

Holly
xx


7 comments:

  1. I like having a bigger card too but how do you mail your 6x6 cards? I can never find envies to fit them. Darling image Holly.

    Have a great week.
    Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean..I had to juggle my card a bit too. But, it all worked out. Yours turrned out absolutely adorable. sometimes, I have gone to bigger cards too because it just doesn't work out any other way. Have a great week.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Holly such a sweet card, and a lovely image. Make me think of looking through a window and the child and her pets on the lounge floor watching TV. Very cute. My cards are 5 3/4 x 5 3/4 and my envelopes are 6 x 6 which work perfectly. Take care wishing you a wonderful week and happy crafting.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable Holly! I love, love, love your image, I must have missed that one! Love your curtain.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute image, love how you made the curtain. Have a super weekend.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with the sketch, I too struggled with this one, but your curtain turned out great with this adorable image!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your fabric idea for your curtain. Love your sweet colors. Hope you are doing well Arlana

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget