Tuesday, 17 September 2013

Sweet Sketch Wednesday: Digistamp Boutique

Soooo, it's Wednesday, which means that it is time for a new sketch challenge over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday, and this week we are sponsored by regular sponsor, Digistamp Boutique:



All images/designs are created and copyright owned bySally-Ann Hancock. My work means the world to me - it allows my passion to draw and create, to fit with my family life too - often the inspiration for my designs. Hope you enjoy as much as I enjoy creating.

And we have a wonderful sketch from our very own Sally:


I found this sketch really easy to work with and there is a lot of scope for mixing things up a little, as you will see from the other DT cards.  I, however, decided to stick pretty rigidly to the sketch:



I used Bobbi Christmas Tree for my image and coloured him in with Promarkers.  I think it is safe to say that my Christmas crafting is now well underway.  How cute is the little robin in the bottom left  -I didn't notice him at first until I started colouring.  I decided to stick to traditional Christmas colours - red and green.  I also added some Stickles Crystal glitter to the baubles on the tree.

I then die-cut Bobbi into an oval and die cut two further ovals from some green tartan paper from the LOTV Classic Christmas paper pack.

I backed all of these onto red card.  It has made me realise that I need some more oval dies as I only have three, and  two of those are really small - they are part of a set which includes a beautiful border, but I think some nestibilities might now be on my wish list.  As I'd used the largest oval to cut Bobbi and the tartan, I had to hand cut the red border, so they are a bit wobbly.

The Christmas tree backing paper is from the same LOTV Classic Christmas paper pack and I added some glittery red ribbon from my stash and a glittery tag also from my stash.

This panel was all layered onto some red card and then onto a 6x6 blank.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

A Creative Romance - Dies or Punches
Created With Love - Anything Goes
Tammy's Scrapin Corner - Anything Goes
The Pink Elephant - Digi Images or Digi Papers
Creative Card Crew - Christmas

I can't wait to see what you all creative with this week's sketch.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

17 comments:

  1. Cute card. Love the image. Such a loveable teddy. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Created With Love Challenges
    ~~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card and adorable image, teddys are all favorites!! Thank you for join us at Created With Love Challenge this week, hugs Kate (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you believe that I didn't even notice the robin until you pointed him out?!! Apparently I'm not very observant! I need to start on my Christmas cards. Every year I swear that I'm going to be organized but I'm usually running around like a chicken in December trying to get it all done! Great card sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 142 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for September - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cutie, Holly. I love your darling papers too. Have a lovely week.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute Christmas card Holly, I love this image and your wonderful design papers and added embellishments and colours. Take care and have a great week I'll have very little Internet access whilst I'm travelling in the next 3 weeks. I'll be in touch once I get back.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card - wonderful LotV Christmas papers!! Such a sweet image!! Our mornings here are quite cold, letting us know that the seasons are changing and Christmas will be here before we know it...
    Blessings to you Holly!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  8. He is so sweet holding that lovely tree. Your ribbon is gorgeous.

    Thanks for joining our Christmas Challenge at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful Christmas card,thank you for joining us at A creative romance this week.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute card.
    Thank you for joining us at Creative Card Crew

    Huggsss, Angelique
    EngelDesignsScrap

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwww, nothing but sweetness! Adorable image Holly, and your papers are fabulous. Cute, cute, cute Christmas card.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww...So sweet! Love the cute image and the joy tag. Enjoy your weekend.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very, very cute Holiday card and that plaid paper is just perfect!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  14. great Christmas card love that image and your coloring is fantastic.
    Thanks for joining in the fun at Created with Love Challenges.
    Linda K. DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges.

    Hugs,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a sweet Christmas card Holly love your bear image form Sally! HUGS Arlana

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fabulous card. Love your design! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Creative Card Crew!
    Denise
    CCC-DT

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget