Tuesday, 24 September 2013

Sweet Sketch Wednesday: Eureka Stamps

Sooooo, it's Wednesday, which means that it is time for another exciting Sketch Challenge over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday, and  this week, it is hosted by none other than the most amazingly fabulous ME!  So, why don't you pop over to the SSW site and check it out.  I've written all about my recent Wild Wood trip to Castle Howard and the Yorkshire Arboretum.  While you're there, why don't you submit a card made following this amazing sketch by our very own Sally:



How great and interesting does it look?  

This week, we are sponsored by (new to me) Eureka Stamps and here is a little bit about them:

Finally, The Stamps You've been Looking for!Eureka Stamps offers a large variety of images and sentiments in many different categories for all of your stamping needs. OurPaper Sculpting stamps add an extra dimension to your creations. Or, Mix and match ourBalloons and Balloon Holders to celebrate every occasion. Our Stamps are available as unmounted, deep etched, natural red rubber stamps OR as digital stamps. If Eureka Stamps aren't exactly what you are looking for, Don't miss out on the sister companies: QKR StampedeBiblical Impressions Rubber Stamps, or the newest addition; Alluring Impressions.

And the amazing prize this week is 5 of their digis.

And here is my offering, using their 9701 Tea Cup image:



I coloured the image with promarkers.  I struggled a bit with this as the image was so fussy and I think I had made it too big, as the print quality wasn't great.  For some reason, I just can't cut diamonds.  I know that they are just a square, but I really struggle when it is on its side!  I really need to get myself some square dies, as this will make it a lot easier I hope.  Anyway, due to my inability to cut a diamond shape, I decided to fussy cut the image and mount it onto a square backing paper, rotated to be a diamond.

The papers are all from my stash.  In fact I think that they are all from the same set, which came free with a magazine earlier in the year.  The lace and roses are also from my stash.

I went a little bit wrong with the sketch - the lace should have gone behind the diamond, but never mind.  I didn't have time to redo, and I think it looks OK.

I can't wait to see what you create this week.  We haven't had many entries the last couple of weeks, but it doesn't matter how hard the sketch looks, you may be surprised at how easy it actually is, or be like me when I first started out and do your own take on the sketch.  All entries are welcome and all entries will be commented on.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx


6 comments:

  1. This card reminded me of my weekend with all the lace and that wonderful tea cup! A girlfriend and I had high tea at a nearby resort. It was outstanding. I do love a good cuppa! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the vintage feel to your card. It is beautful. The lace trim is jsut perfect. I love your fun post this week. It sounds like you had a wonderful time.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Holly! Love your coloring, so soft and elegant. The lace is divine.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. The lace and itty bitty roses are the perfect compliment to this vintage tea cup! Great job!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, Love the lace. Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Holly!! I love the papers and the lace is gorgeaous!!
    Blessings to you!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget