Tuesday, 17 September 2013

Through The Looking Glass

Soooo, tonight I would like to share with you a quick card I made tonight.  This is for a colleague's birthday on Saturday.  I don't think she knows my blog exists (although she is aware of my craft geekness), so I think I am safe to post it now.

If I do say so myself, I really like this card.



It is made using an LOTV die-cut.  I love this little girl admiring herself in the mirror, but what really sold it to me is the shoes.  We both have a love of shoes, and I always tell her that she needs  to grow her feet so that her shoes would fit me (she's a 4/5, I'm a 6/7), so this image just made me think of what she would look like in my shoes.

Anyway, as usual I am digressing.

All papers are from a Fabrications paper pack I got a few issues back with Cardmaking & Papercraft.  I love this paper pack and I am forever looking for excuses to use it.  I think of it as my Indian Summer paper pack, because all the colours are so rich and just scream 'Bollywood' at me.  I think the rich colours also fit in well with an autumn theme.  Anyway, I used three papers from the pack.  I love the colour of the bluey-turquoise one and the cream one with the red and orange flowers is my favourite from the pack.  The piece used on here is a scrap left over from a previous card and just fit perfectly diagonally, so I decided to use that.  In fact, I haven't had to cut a single piece of paper to make  this card.

I coloured a silver 'Happy Birthday' peel off using a burnt orange promaker to get the bronze effect and added t his to the image.  I then stuck three die-cut flowers in the corner.  I think these were from a Christmas flower pack last year.  I finished the flower with a yellow gem.

To finish the card, I then put various sized blue and yellow gems around the card.

I want to enter this card into the following challenges (you may see a theme this week with the challenges out there!):



Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

Party Time Tuesdays Photo/Colour Inspiration

The Crazy Challenge Colour/Photo Inspiration

9 comments:

  1. Holly I'm sure your friend will love your adorable card! Thank you for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays Challenge. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how totally adorable and lovely!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi (GD this week on lexi's creations challenge)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so gorgeous
    thanks for playing with us at crafty sentiments
    hugs
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you love it when you can use scraps and everything comes together?? Sounds like it will be perfect for your shoe luvin' colleague! Thank you for sharing your project in the “Autumn Colors” Challenge at Craft Your Passion.
    ~ginny
    Design Team - Craft Your Passion
    RubberMAD at GettyCollection.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a cute project you made :)

    Thank you for participating in CYP challenge!
    Kat
    Craft Your Passion DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful card Holly - such a cute image! Thanks for joining us at crafty sentiments and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful Autum card!Thank you for joining us at The Crazy Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your birthday card is cute... perfect for a fall birthday. Love the image - so adorable!

    Thank you for participating in ABC Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, well done! This image is so cute! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget