Tuesday, 15 October 2013

Dot-To-Dot

Soooo, a quick card to share with you tonight, which is actually my Grampy's birthday card.  It is his birthday on Sunday, but as I will be flying to Tunisia in the early hours of Sunday morning, I thought that I had best get his card made so I can delivery it, and his present, before I jet off on my holidays.  So, I decided to make it tonight before settling down to watch Bake Off.

Anyway, here is his card:



I made this by printing off a dot-to-dot of a plane and layering this onto some green card. 

My colour scheme was decided by my papers, which are actually from a Christmas set, but I think that they make good 'man' papers.

I added a bit of gauze behind the bottom right-hand corner of the image.  I also added a green button to the top left-hand corner, and threaded this with some blue and white twine.

I added a happy birthday sentiment to the top right hand corner of the image.  I attached this with sticky fixers for dimension.

Finally, I added a blue star to the bottom right-hand corner of the image too.

I also added red stars in each corner of the card and then spelled 'Grampy' in peel off letters to the left-hand side of the card.

I hope he likes his card and enjoys filling in his dot-to-dot.

I want to enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx



10 comments:

  1. Fabulous fun card Holly, just love the dot to dot idea, may just have to pinch that ;-) Thank you for joining us at Allsorts this week, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great card, very different design, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh -- very creative use of a dot-to-dot image. Thanks for sharing with us in our Anything Goes challenge at Yumi & Fumi Handmade. Sheena B (Team Fumi).

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea! Love it. Perfect on a kids Birthday card!

    Thank you for joining Brown Sugars Anything Goes Challenge this week. Good luck!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card for your Gramps. Thanks for joining in the fun at TG this week. hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! Thanks for joining us at pile it on! Love your card. Kimberly DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your idea and think this is soo cool! It's a great interactive card and I hope your Gramps had a good time with it. Thank you for adding your link to our challenge at Yumi & Fumi Handmade, unfortunately your card does not qualify. We require a colored image. Sorry about that. You still have until noon to link up another card and I hope you do. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Clever idea.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Craft Challenges
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card and thank you for stopping by mine and leaving such a sweet comment on my challenge card...
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Holly! I am IMPRESSED with your blog...you're so VERY creative!! Thank you for the lovely words that you posted on my blog. I noticed that you became a follower...THANK YOU!! I joined you as well... you have so many wonderful ideas to explore!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget