Wednesday, 9 October 2013

Gilded Bauble

Soooo, today I had every intention of making loads of cards when I got home from work.  In preparation, I'd even coloured loads of images last night.  However, by the time I got home from work (nearly two hours after leaving work), I had lost all enthusiasm.  This could be thanks to the long wait for the bus and then even longer journey, or it could be because my B12 levels are rock bottom and I am that tired by friend, Liz, who I also work with even went out and bought me two litres of lucozade at lunch, as I am clearly that tired!  Anyway, it is much appreciated, even if I am slightly concerned about the damage I am doing probaby doing to myself by living of lucozade so often.  Never mind, B12 injection on Monday, and should have some energy again, just in time for my holidays.

Anyway, enough of my moaning, I did manage to make one card tonight, although it was none of the ones I had prepared for yesterday.  I instead decided  to try out my new FlitterGlu set, which I got free with my Simply Cards and Papercraft subscription, and I even used one of the stamps from the free stamp set I got with the first issue (my review can be found here).

the sketch I used
I decided to do this, rather then the cards I had prepared for because I had been inspired by the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches (above), and the idea for my card just sprung to mind.  

I stamped the bauble image from the Spellbinders Heirlooms Ornament Set on to black card with FlitterGlu and covered with Winter Dawn Mega Flake, then polished it up.  I then cut it out, as I do not have the corresponding Spellbinders dies.



As usual, not everything went to plan, as I couldn't find a suitable paper in my stash.  I seem to have lost a couple of paper sets, in particular my new Christmas one from Papercrafter.  Anyway, after trying every set in my possession, I decided to make my own backing paper.  I did this by stamping a Merry Christmas sentiment in black ink onto white card multiple times.  I masked off the edges first to give a bit of a border.

I then stitched  this 'paper' to black card using black thread and zigzag stitch.  I then layered this onto a white card blank.

I then attached the bauble and to add a dash of colour, I added a red ribbon bow.

This is my first real attempt at something a bit more simple and I'm not 100% sure about it, but I did enjoy using the FlitterGlu and gilding flakes, so expect to see a bit more of that in the future.  I do like the vintagey-retro feel the finished card has though.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your lovely card for CHNC challenge extra for October - hope to see you again soon. Challenge 6 on Crafting Musketeers is 'Christmas in October - it would be good to see this there as well, Hazel, Design Team Crafting Musketeers.This could also be entered into the Glory of Christmas 17. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. how gorgeous perfect use bow but struggling to locate your button but thank you for sharing with us at the Winter Wonderland
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for adding for the Glory of Christmas 17 and for Crafting Musketeers 'Christmas in October' challenge - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very stylish and elegant, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sparkly! The zig zag stitching is a nice touch! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card - love the stitching! Thank you for sharing it with us at My time To Craft.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, thank you for joining us over at the Crafting Musketeers Challenge Blog, Fran (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very stylish and sparkle card love it,thank you for joining in with us at crafting musketeers and good luck

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card. Thanks for playing along at Winter Wonderland. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous! I LOVE the shimmery bauble you've added and the zigzag stitching is wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely!! Thanks for joining us at Crafting by Designs this week!
    Doris :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think you did a fantastic job on the card! It is gorgeous. Love the ornament!

    Thanks for sharing at Crafting Musketeers!
    Kathy Jo, DT member

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget