Tuesday, 1 October 2013

Lexie

Sooo, I thought that I had already shared this card with you.  It turns out that I haven't.  It may be that I have done a Holly Special again and managed to delete it, but I can't find any trace whatsoever that I ever posted about this card, so I probably dreamed that I had.  It wouldn't surprise me - I can have very realistic dreans.

Anyway, on to the card.   And this is my second attempt at this post, as Blogger didn't save my first attempt :-(  Is it any wonder I can't remember what I have posted and think I have deleted posts?!


This is another Christening card made for my friend, Mandy, whose instructions were an easel card and a smurf with the baby's name.  She sent me through some ideas for the image and I decided to go with this one, coloured with promarkers with pink clothing as it was for a girl.

I used a pink card blank and covered the front and the insides with pink digi papers, which I printed out ages ago and now can't remember where I got them from.  The rest of the papers are from a DoCrafts Back to Basics pack, which I arranged haphazardly to give dimension wit the card is folded to it's easel shape.


The 'stop' on the inside is some self-adhesive ribbon from my stash and I finished the inside with some pink peel-offs to make the baby's name, 'Lexie'.

You can't see it very well on the photos, but I made a little cross from some crystals in my stash and attached this to the top right of the image.

On the front of the card I also added an 'On Your Christening' sentiment using my LOTV postmarks sentiment set.  I then punched this into a circle and inked the edges in victorian velvet distress ink, managing to colour the whole circle in the process.  

I also stamped a 'With Love' envelope sentiment, but decided to leave this white.


To finish, I added a small flat-backed pink pearl to the centre of the circle sentiment, together with three small flat-backed pearls in various shades of pink to the bottom right of the front of the card.  Finally, I added three large flat-backed pearls in various pinks to the bottom right-hand side of the front of the card.

This card went all the way to Belgium to reach it's recipient, where apparently, it went down very well.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Creative Craft Craft Challenges 2 - Anything Goes
ABC Challenges - 3 or More Pattern Papers
Paper Makeup Stamps - Pretty in Pink
Craft Your Passion - Add A Little Charm
Hiding In My Craftroom - Lots of Layers
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge - Easel & Waterfall Cards

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely card did you make...
    thanks for playing with us at papermakeupstamps.

    good luck,
    Hermien
    dt-member

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smurfs! Super cute! Thanks for playing along with us at ABC Challenge Blog this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card. Thanks for joining in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Creative Craft.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget