Friday, 4 October 2013

Review: Cardmaking & Papercraft - Issue 123 (November 2013)

Soooooo, all work was put on hold on Wednesday night when I finally got home from proper work, as my issue of Cardmaking & Papercraft had arrived through the post.  It was the perfect excuse for me to sit and not have to use what little energy I have this week - I am a week away from my next B12 injection, and boy am I feeling it.  I am at that so tired I cry stage and I can't believe I have to go another week.  I think I would survive a lot better if I could spend the next week in bed, but that is not going to happen. I have proper work to attend and orders to fulfill.  Never mind.

Anyway, reading through the mag helped me while away the half an hour or so I had to wait until hubby arrived home to brave the cellar to get some food out of the freezer for tea (and at the time of writing this, I hope he cooks it too, as I really don't want to get back up off the sofa now that I am here).  I will only venture into our cold, damp cellar when absolutely necessary, so if there is the option of waiting until hubby gets home then I will take it.

I enjoyed my lazy sesh lolling on the sofa reading through the magazine.  As always, the first project feature in this issue is ideas for using your free gift, which this month is a Christmas Embossing Set, featuring some foiled topppers (reindeer themed) and some pretty, icy-coloured papers, together with a metal reindeer stencil, which I intend to use lots and lots when making my Christmas cards this year.  Anyway, the ideas in this issue are all cards.

One of, possibly, the cutest projects in the issue is Fleur Pearson's Festive Charm stamping knowhow, which features some of the new Lili of the Valley Christmas stamps (all supercute), coloured with distress inks.  Fleur also has some good hints and tips for all you stampers and cardmakers out there.  My favourite of these has to be to machine stitch your layers together - it will save a fortune in double-sided tape (having just spent a fortune on double-sided tape!).  I think I shall be doing this more often from now on.  Let's face it, my machine is usually pretty much always set up.  Let's see what the weekend's crafting brings.

I love the 3 Ideas With Christmas Jumpers cards and tag.  The stamps used are so ute and I would now really really like to treat myself to these.  However, having just checked my bank account, this will not be happening.  Maybe next month.

I liked reading Simonne Clay's Home For Christmas, which features cards using Flower Soft, DecoArt and other texturisers.  I want to try these products, as I love the idea of texturising my cards.

Other projects this issue include:
  • 10 ideas with Christmas sheet music., including bows, candle votives, decorations
  • Christmas Crackers (die-cut)
  • Poinsettia card (subscribers only)
  • Quick makes for November has a Christmas theme going on
  • Gingerbread house gift boxes
  • 5 ideas with shabby chic
  • Metal embossing with Leoni
  • Advent Calendar by Dawn Phillips
  • Five colour pop card for under a fiver
  • Hearts and roses in 10 minute makes
Giveaways this issue include:
  • Stampin' Up! Wishing You stamp set
  • Pergamano Winter Festival kit
  • Serif CD-Roms Punches and Stamps 1 and 2
  • The Snowman and Snowdog CD-Rom and stamps
  • Father Christmas CD-Rom and stamps
  • Basic Grey Persimmon papers
  • Monochrome Back To Basics sets
  • Papermania paper lucky dip
  • Penny Black stamps (subscribers only)
This issue is out now and next issue is out on 31st October and comes with a Christmas Decoupage Kit.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget