Tuesday, 29 October 2013

Review: Papercrafter - Issue 66

Soooo, I am finally back from my holidays and I'm now trying to catch up.  Luckily I had yesterday off work too, but I still don't seem to be getting anywhere very fast.  Nevertheless, I did manage to find time in between doing my mountains of washing and dealing with my 200 and odd emails to have a nosey through the new issue of Papercrafter, which hit the shops on Friday I believe, and write this review.  All done watching Saturday night's Strictly - it's a good job I can touch type really.  I have a few more blogging bits and pieces to catch up on - reviews etc. and then I will be able to get on with some crafting again.  I must admit - I did start to miss my sewing machine towards the end of my holiday, but I had bought some fabric in one of the markets and was dying to use it.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings, shall we move onto the magazine . . . 

This issue comes with the usual kit, which this month is (unsurprisingly) Christmas themed.  It contains a paper pack, die-cuts, sentiments, card blanks, paper piercing templates and some embellishments.  I think that this is the last Christmas issue.

Papercrafter Showcase has cards, Christmas decorations, including garlands and hanging decs, gift boxes and scatter stars, all made using just your kit.

I like Colette Smith's Delicate Designs cards.  These are made using just the kit and a couple of extra basic bits and pieces that will be found in anyone's craft stash.  The elegant baubles card is my favourite and I think I will have to recreate this.  Add a name sentiment and it will make a wonderful special Christmas card.

I would love to have a go at the Super Zig-Zag Card, which can be easily adapted to other colour schemes and occasions.  The template is can be downloaded from the Papercrafter website and the other bits required are already in my stash.  Fingers crossed I get caught up before the weekend and can then just spend Saturday afternoon trying out all these projects I want to do.

Craft School has a festive gift bag made from an A4 sheet of papers.  This is perfect for those difficult to wrap presents.  My theory is if it isn't in a box or box-shaped, it can go in a box or a bag.  This pretty bag also features some paper piecing using the template in the kit.

Other projects this issue include:
  • a birdhouse display
  • paper poinsettias
  • paper piercing projects
  • cards made using the sentiment stickers from the kit
  • gift wrapping with paper piercing designs
  • wreath made from paper strips
  • bonus birdie makes
  • garlands
  • paper lantern
  • concertina mini-tree
  • paper table decorations
  • hanging decorations
  • rocker card
  • lots of other cards

Giveaways this issue include:
  • 2014 Family Calendar from K Two
  • Goodies from Rosehip
  • Toy Theatre kit
  • Goodies from Bronnley
  • Goodies from Reeves Art
  • Lino printing starter kit from Jackson Art

The next issue is out on 29th November.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget