Tuesday, 15 October 2013

Sweet Sketch Wednesday: Digistamp Boutique

Soooo, it's Wednesday, which means that it is time for a new sketch challenge over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday, and this week we are sponsored by regular sponsor, and one of my faves, Digistamp Boutique:



All images/designs are created and copyright owned bySally-Ann Hancock. My work means the world to me - it allows my passion to draw and create, to fit with my family life too - often the inspiration for my designs. Hope you enjoy as much as I enjoy creating.


The amazing prize this week is a £10 voucher for Digistamp Boutique.

What do you have to do to be in with a chance of winning this I here you ask?  Simple, all you have to do is create a card using this amazing sketch by Sally:


Looks amazing doesn't it?

I really enjoyed using this sketch for my creation this week, as I found it really easy, and here is my creation for you:


I coloured my image using promarkers and then added liquid pearls for snow bits and glitter for anything that should really be fur.

I decided to try out the technique of stitching my cards together.  My sewing machine is pretty much constantly set up anyway, so it makes sense.  It will also save me a small fortune in double-sided tape, which let's face it, is not cheap.  I have still used double sided tape to layer up the card, but only used half that I would normally use, as each backing layer has been sewn onto the layer on top.  I also really like the effect that the sewing gives.

Anyway, back to the card.  The papers are all from an old Papercrafter kit (I think - they are from my stash anyway) and I decided to stick with a traditional Christmas colour theme.

All the embellishments are from my stash, and I have had most of them that long that I really couldn't tell you where I got them from in the first place.

I will be entering this card into the following challenges:

Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - Make It Square
Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

8 comments:

  1. Wow, you really stepped it up this week! Love the stitching, Holly! I never thought to NOT use tape when I sew ... I usually slap both on. It WILL save money. Good tip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful card - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge 146 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for October - I'd love to see it there too. You could also enter this into the Crafting Musketeers challenge 6: Christmas in October - would love to see it there too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo cute Holly. I love the added snow and holly leaves. I love the stitching too. Super cute card! Have a great week.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, love all the layers and how you added the snow and the stitching to the image. Have a super week.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet image and a darling holiday card! The holly leaves are just perfect too!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute image!!! Love your card - perfect winter scene - and LOVE your stitching!! I've always wanted to do that but haven't yet... one week soon perhaps...
    Blessings to you Holly!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card - love the image, perfect winter scene!! Love, love, love your papers, so perfect!!
    Blessings to you Holly!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Holly,sorry I'm so late commenting I really thought I had commented on everyone's blogs shows what jet lag does to you as you get older. LOL. Love your sweet Christmas card, such a cute image and I love your sparkle and added embellishments. Take care and enjoy your holiday.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget