Tuesday, 1 October 2013

Sweet Sketch Wednesday: Saturated Canary

Sooo, it's Wednesday, which means that it is once again time for a new Challenge over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday, and this week we are sponsored by the lovely Krista, who owns one of my favourite digi companies, Saturated Canary:

My name is Krista Smith. I am the artist behind the Etsy shop, Saturated Canary Digis. I began working in the stamping world about a year ago when I was hired to create rubber designs for the sweet Scottish company, Sugar Nellie. They launched my artwork under the name 'Simply Sassy.' I moved into the digital world just this past month (it's been a super busy month, indeed!). And-- I love it!! There is a little more freedom here, as I can create anything that pops into my head:)! I am so humbled by the artistic talent of the girls coloring in my designs-- it is truly an inspiration! Likewise, I am so thankful for the friendships I've made in this wonderful and lovely crafty community! It's been a true delight! I'd love for you to stop by my challenge/inspiration blog,Saturated Canary Challenge and join in the fun...And, while you're there, click over to my personal blog (Saturated Canary) and introduce yourself! I am a bit eclectic and touch on everything from family (I've got me a great one!) to fashion (obsessed!)...Please say 'hi!'...I'd love to be friends!:)

The prize this week is 2 free Saturated Canary digis, and we have an amazing sketch from our very own Sally


How easy does this sketch look to use?!

To make my card, I have used Ugly Christmas Sweater, because the image just reminded me of myself, although I would love this Christmas sweater as I have been on the hunt for one for the last three years.  I've also been trying to get my sister and mum to knit me one, but they are having none of it.  I think I am going to just have to learn to knit and knit myself one, or, I have seen another idea this year, which is more suited to my skill set.  I will let you know if this idea comes to fruition, but for now I won't say too much.

Anyway, as usual, I have gone off on a tangent, here is my offering using the amazing digi:



So, although I chose this image because it reminded me of me, when I started colouring it, using Promarkers, I realised that I was actually colouring it to look like my other (non-knitting) sister.  Same hair colour, the glasses, the clothing combo, the Ugg boots (she has some this colour and this slouchy).  So from then on, I decided I would make this card for that sister.


I'd struck to traditional red and green on the colouring, so thought that this would look great with kraft-coloured papers.  The papers I chose are from the LOTV Krafty Christmas pad. I chose the Christmas trees paper to coordinate with the jumper and then the 'Merry Christmas' paper as I didn't think I had room for a sentiment, and this paper is perfect when that it is the case.


I nearly did it again this week and put the ribbon on wrong - good job I had a quick look at the sketch just before I started to stick it.  


The lacy ribbon is actually a self-adhesive kraft lace that the step-mother (non-wicked) bought me on our last Country Baskets trip.  I coloured it in using a red Promarker so that it would stand out against the papers.  I also thought the card could do with some red, as I had used green card.  


I then added a red gingham wooden Christmas tree and stars in each corner.  I also added some little stars to the ribbons in the hair on the image.



I want to enter this card into the following challenges:


I can't wait to see everyone's entries at SSW this week - Good Luck!

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful card - your sister will love it - thanks for entering this into both CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's hilarious that you want this sweater. I think I had this one (except that mine had a horrible Scotty dog curled up under the tree wearing a collar with a real bell that jangled when I moved) I couldn't wait to grow out of THAT bad boy! Cute card Holly. Good luck getting your sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card Holly!! LOVE that LotV paper, think I may need to place an order soon!! Such a fun image, I've had me a few ugly Christmas sweaters... =)
    Blessings to you!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such fun Christmas papers and I love your Christmas Tree embellishment. super cute card Holly.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehehe, love your "off tangent" story Holly! Such a sweet image indeed. Love your red and green colors and super fun embellies.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a very, very sweet Holiday card! Love the great papers too!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet card, love the color combo of red and kraft. Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is pretty cool and cute card. The drawing and the designs in the side complements each other. So gorgeous. This will make a perfect Christmas wishes this holiday season. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget