Tuesday, 29 October 2013

Sweet Sketch Wednesday: Stamp Fairy

Soooo, it's Wednesday, which means that it is time for another sketch challenge over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday, design by our very own Sally.



This week we are sponsored by the lovely people over at Stamp Fairy, who happen to be one of my favourite digistamp companies.



"Stamp Fairy officially launched on November 5th 2010.  Gerda Burghardt, artist and owner, creates cute and whimsical digital images for the young and old, inspired by her life, love and 4 cute cats.  You will find adorable teddies bears, young boys and girls, fuzzy little bunnies and whimsical critters.   Please visit the store and browse StampFairy’s wonderful images.  We hope StampFairy’s images inspire YOUR creativity."

The prize this week is a $10 gift certificate. It is a great pity that I can't enter myself to win this great prize.  I would have such fun spending it.


Anyway, without further ado, shall we move onto my card this week.

As the sketch would suggest, it is quite a simple one, which means that I struggled a bit with it, as I do like a fussy card, and always struggle with simple.  I just wanted to add more to this.



I coloured my image with promarkers and die-cut it to an oval shape.

I layered this onto some spotty paper, which I think is from an old Papercrafter kit, but I could be wrong there.  I had already wrapped three lengths of ribbon - two navy, one orange - around the paper.

To finish (and t o cover up the fact that I had tried to 'promarker' a border and it had bled),  I bordered the image with lots and lots of blue stars - large and small.

Why don't you have a go at using this sketch yourselves.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

7 comments:

  1. I had to giggle over the reason behind your star border! I can't tell you how many times I've had to add a sentiment or some sparkle because I've smudged! Love all the sparkly blue stars this weeks.
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is funny how simple can be harder to do. I know what you mean. I am with Joanna, It think we all get a little creative when we need to cover up a smudge. I have done it too. Darling card Holly.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you colored up Barry the Wizard and I LOVE the Star border - Awesome!!
    Blessings to you Holly!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barry looks great, fantastic coloring and love all the stars.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooooo cute Holly!! Love your image, colored so beautifully! And your star border is fantastic!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute little bear and all of the stars are just perfect!

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Holly I've just realised that I didn't comment on last weeks DT cards I'm so sorry. Love your card this image is really cute and looks awesome with those wonderful blue stars your image really pops. Take care and have a great week.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget