Sunday, 13 October 2013

Three Bears

Sooo, tonight I would like to share with you another card made using some of the freebies I won from LOTV.  I went to their Christmas Workshop yesterday, but unfortunately had to leave early due a migraine.  I did manage to make two projects which I will share with you in a later post, as they have given me an idea, and the lovely Dawny P, who was teaching the workshop, kindly gave me the kits to make the other projects.  I've not made them yet as it has taken me a long time to come round enough to be able to put my crafting head on again, and then tonight I got distracted by Strictly,  that I will make them at a later date.

Anyway, on to my card.



This card I have made for my husband's nephew, whose birthday it is while we are away.  There are loads of birthdays while we are away (hubby's included) that I am struggling to make all my cards, on top of all the cards I have to make for DTs etc.  Being poorly yesterday has not helped.  I planned to get loads done today to make up for it, but I had to go do my family visiting, and that took longer than I planned for - my nieces do make me laugh though, and I did manage to get some clothes for my holiday from the mother's and step-mother. I have three more cards to make for birthdays while we are away, which I am going to have to get on with.  On top of the 6 I have already made for birthdays/DT projects.  Birthday season has definitely arrived.

Anyway, once again I have digressed.

I made an easel style card as these seem to be popular with kids and I stamped the three bears (which come as a set and priced as one stamp from LOTV) with black versafine.  I then coloured them with promarkers and die-cut into circles.  I then layered these onto some die-cut scalloped circles.  All papers are from a Dovecraft Back To Basics set.

I layered green squared paper onto the inside of a green blank and on the outside, I attached blue squares and blue dotty paper (on the 'back').

I used one of the bears as the easel stopper, attaching it to the inside of the card with sticky fixers to give dimension.

On the inside of the card, I also added my husband's nephew's name in sticky letters.  I also added a wooden star.

On the front, I added the other two bears, with one sticking up over the top of the easel for dimension.  I also added a 'happy birthday' sentiment, which I found in my stash.  I stuck this with sticky fixers.  

To finish, I added two further wooden stars.  I was going to add more embellishments, but thought that it would start to look crowded.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


I will no doubt be back tomorrow night with another of the birthday cards I need to make, but first off, there will be a new DT card in the morning.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

15 comments:

  1. Such a cute creation!! Thanks for sharing and depicting the details on your card! Fab! Thanks also for playing along at Yumi and Fumi Handmade!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, this is so cute! I love the adorable teddy images. Wonderful card! Thanks for playing with us at Yumi and Fumi Handmade! Hugs! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh!! This is adorable Holly! Those bears are adorable peeking here and there. I bet your nephew will love his card. Thank you for playing in our Anything Goes challenge at Yumi & Fumi Handmade!
    ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooooo adorable! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments for our Anything Goes Challenge - good luck! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this layout, just adorable!! Thanks so much for playing this time at Crafty Sentiments and Yumi and Fumi! Hugs:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! I love all of your circles. Thank you for sharing with QKR Stampede this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful
    Thanks for joining us at crafty sentiments
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwwww this is so cute!!
    Thanks for joining us this week over at Charisma Cardz challenge blog.
    Good Luck with the challenge
    Hugs
    Marie (A Charisma Gal)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These teddies are so cute!! Thanks for joining our anything goes challenge at YUMI FUMI, hope to see you back at the next challenge,
    Hugs Blankina
    DT team Fumi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, love those sweet bears, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz, hugs, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have to agree - kids do seem to enjoy the easel cards. This one is just adorable! Thanks for sharing with us in our Anything Goes challenge at Yumi & Fumi Handmade. Sheena B (Team Fumi).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts Tracyx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute card!!!! Thanks so much for participating in our QKR STAMPEDE challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an adorable card. Thanks for joining us at Yumi & Fumi.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget