Friday, 18 October 2013

Time For Tea

Soooo, this started out as a card for my husband's Grandma, whose birthday it is while we are away.  I like it so much though that I don't want to give it away.



To make this card, I used a LOTV die-cut and took my colour theme from there.  I used kraft paper and some paper which, I think, came from an old Papercrafter kit, but I'm not really sure.

I inked the edges of all pieces of paper and the die cut with brushed corduroy distress ink.  I then stitched all the layers together.

The lace ribbon is actually some self-adhesive paper lace which I wrapped around the panel before stitching the image on.

I have also used some craft gauze, an ivory heart charm which came with a previous Crafty Creative box, some blue ribbon to tie a bow around this and some paper flowers from my stash.

I had a wooden star lying around on my work desk, so I decided to add that too, as it went with the theme.  

I also die-cut a Cheery Lynn small exotic butterfly from some blue scrap paper.

To finish the card, I added a flat backed pearl to each corner and added a silver sentiment.  I love these sentiments, but have nearly run out.  I have had them forever, so I don't think I will be able to get any more.

I want to enter this into the following challenges:



Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx


12 comments:

  1. Oh so sweet!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHARISMA CARDZ challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, The image is beautiful..Love the fabulous design & colours....Thank you for joining us at Fussy & fancy challenge....Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice card holly - your husbands Grandma will love it I'm sure and thank you for joining in with the Ribbon Girl Lovely Lili challenge - good luck, Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous image and I love your use of two colours. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card I love that ivory heart! Thanks for joining us at A Little Bit Crafty, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful creation. It's great to see how you use the two colors.
    Thank you for enjoing us at the TPS challenge this week.
    Hugs Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holly this is beautiful, love all the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card...your two colors are fabulous! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter. Good luck and be sure and join us again in the next challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet card Hun love the blue and kraft tones :)

    Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz :)

    Hugs Mandy DT xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Holly,

    Such a cute card! I love the blues and browns together and I love the different sized backing panels too.

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Anything Goes' challenge.

    Good luck!

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awe! This card is adorable! I love the blue tones and all of your embellishments are wonderful. Thank you for joining us at Fussy and Fancy!
    Hugs, Sheryl

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget