Saturday, 12 October 2013

Together Forever

Soooo, a couple of weeks ago, I won the weekly candy over at LOTV's Ideas to Inspire blog and as part of my prize I chose the gorgeous Together Forever stamp, which I coloured with promakers.



I then die-cut the image to an ornate label shape with a X-cut die.  I then inked the edges of the image.

I also inked the edges of my papers, which are both from a Dovecraft Fairytale Princess pack (I think that's what it is called anyway), which I thought would give the card a 'garden' feel, as I think the little couple on the image are sat on a garden swing).  I also think of these papers, as my romance papers.  I also added faux stitching around the edges of the papers with a brown fineliner pen.  I was tempted to ink the heart-shaped doily but decided against it in the end.

I made a bow from some peach satin ribbon and attached this at the left-hand side of the image.  I then added a flat backed pearl on top of the knot to neaten it up a bit and hide the knot.

On the right-hand side of the image, I twisted three ivory roses together.  I would usually cut off the excess stem, but I saw a card a while ago which had the wires twisted to make them swirly and decorative, so I thought I would try this.  I really like the effect it has and I shall be doing this more often in future.

Finally, I added peachy-pink flat-backed pearls in each corner of the card and ivory pearls centre top and bottom of the image.

I set out making this for my grandparents-in-law's upcoming diamond wedding anniversary, but, as much as I like this card, I'm not sure whether it is saying 'diamond wedding' to me, so I may have to make another.  I think this may make a better generic anniversary card, or even a cute engagement, or even a wedding card.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx


6 comments:

  1. Such pretty colours and so love this image, thanks for playing at PTW

    ReplyDelete
  2. so lovely card...
    Greetings from Croatia :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, I love the cute image and pretty papers.
    Thank you for taking part in the Papertake Weekly Challenge
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very sweet! Love the little couple! Thank you for sharing with us at Card Crafter's Circle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful and delicate Holly. Thank you so much for sharing your lovely creation with us at Totally Papercrafts.

    Hugs
    Cathy DT Member
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for entering our 'Anything Goes' challenge Holly, what a lovely card!

    Good luck!

    Anne x
    Lili of the Valley

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget