Sunday, 10 November 2013

Challenges 4 Everybody

Sooooo, today sees a new Anything Goes challenge launched over at Challenges 4 Everybody and this fortnight we are sponsored by Sassy Studios Designs and I have used the Jessica Rabbit digi:



However, I have not coloured her up with the traditional red hair and dress.  Instead I have based her on myself (I wish!) and with promarkers coloured her up blonde.  I'm quite impressed with my colouring on the hair.  I then coloured her dress in deep purple, with matching gloves and shoes which I glittered up, because glittery shoes always make an outfit.

I followed the sketch over at Sketch Saturday, turning it on the side, and stuck with deep and bright colours to match the image.

I used a purple blank, to which I added some hot pink card.  I layered this up with some purple damask-style paper, which I got free with an old issue of Cardmaking & Papercraft.

I layered the image onto some purple card from my stash and sewed all layers together.

I then remembered that I had some deep pink glittery card somewhere, so I spent ages routing around my stash (which now takes up pretty much all of my craft room) looking for it.  I found it in the end and die-cut a flourish and a corner from the glittery card.  A word to the wise - glitter card is hard to die-cut as it is really thick.  I ran it through a few times, but still had to prize the shape from the card.  The corner is a Nellie Stellan die and the flourish came with the Sizzix Big Shot when I got it.

To finish the image and the sketch, I added a sentiment underneath the corner.

To finish the card, I added purple gems to corners and swirls of Stickles along the blank bits of the pink card, as I felt that something else was needed.

I would like to also enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx




Sketch from Sketch Saturday

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous card a very elegant image . Thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers good luck Ginny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this image and card! Great job with the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card, I love all the bling! Thanks so much for sharing at Stampavie and More Challenge!

    Marja
    Stampavie and More DT
    http://tahrojakuviopaperilla.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking card, Holly. Love the sparkle!! Thanks for joining our All That Glitter Challenge at Delightful Challenges.

    ~~Chris
    DC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week. Hugs, Mirella

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card...Thanks for playing along with us a Totally Papercrafts this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card, love the glam image, thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabby elegant card Holly!
    Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday this week and good luck! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your very sassy creation in the "Girly" challenge at Di's Digi Designs
    Hope you can join in the new challenge starting today too! Donna ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget