Friday, 1 November 2013

Crafty Creatives Box 16

Sooooo, better late than never, finally my lowdown of the latest Crafty Creatives box.

This arrived while I was on holiday, and in my mission to slowly catch up, I have finally had chance to have a look through the box and even try one make.

This month we have the Circus box, full of circus-themed goodies, with a creepy twist for Halloween, from which  you make all sorts.

The kit with this month's box is to make a circus animal pendant necklace.  Each kit had a different animal, and mine came with a little elephant.  The kit also contacts some ribbon to decorate your circus animal, together with some ric rac and some brightly-coloured braid, and a chain to wear your pendant.  Full instructions on how to make your necklace are also included in the kit.

The box also has an Art Card designed by Luke Spooner, aka Carrion House, which has a bit of steampunk feel to it, and will be making its way to the collection of art cards currently pinned to my craft room wall, even if I think that it might scare the nieces a bit.

The kit also contains a bit of a mini kit - circus themed coasters.  The box includes pva glue, monochrome images, a tattoo sheet and blank coasters, everything you need to follow this tutorial from the Crafty Creatives blog.  You could also use some of the coloured admission tickets.  You could also follow this tutorial from Mrs G to make some beads and a necklace from these bright tickets.

This month's box also has a little tin of mini circus-themed rubber stamps and Mrs G has a tutorial for making some cupcake toppers with these.

The box also has some craft papers, purple beads, striped buttons (also great for Christmas) and masquerade pendants.  I have managed to find time to make some amazing earrings using the pendants, which I am tempted to put into my Etsy shop and I still have a pendant left over to use either on a card or make into a necklace.

I can't wait for the weekend  to start so I can start on some other projects.  I think I will definitely be trying the coasters for a start.

Happy Crafting!

Holly 
xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget