Monday, 4 November 2013

Created With Love - Christmas All About The Reds & Greens

Sooooo, I am pleased to announce that I am now a DT member over at Created With Love Challenges and today I present you with my first card:


We are sponsored by Digi Darla this week and I have used one of their images, which I coloured with promarkers to stick with this week's theme of Christmas - All About the Reds & Greens.  I then die-cut the image into a circle, adding red faux stitching around the edge, and layered this into a red scalloped circle.


As easel cards are quite possibly my favourite, and are always popular, I decided to make my card this week as an easel.

The papers (outer and inner) are from a freebie paper pack, which I think came with Papercrafter.  I may be wrong there though.  I once again stuck with the red and green theme.

I inked the edges of the red inner paper with brushed corduroy distress ink and also added some  faux stitching using a white gel pen.  As the paper is so dark and fussy (and therefore there is nowhere to write the greeting, I added a rectangle of white card, to which I added red faux stitching. 

The stitching ideas came from the the 'stopper' I added using sticky fixers.


Finally to the inside I added a little wooden robin.  I was goig to put it on the right hand side (rather than the left), but I glued the wrong side of the little robin my mistake, so it had to go on the left.

I then set to work on the outside/front of the card.

I once again inked the edges with brushed corduroy distress ink, and I was once again going to add faux stitching, but then realised that it a blonde moment (and depsite my careful measuring), I had cut the paper a bit too small to fit the front of the card perfectly.  Therefore, instead of adding the faux stitching, emergency measures were taken and I added the kraft lace to two edges of the paper.  I think it doesn't look too bad, and hopefully, if I hadn't told you I had made a mistake, you would never be able to tell.

To decorate the outside/front, I added a little red velvet bow to the image, together with a red star and a green star.  I also added a little red present in the bottom right hand corner.


Finally, I added some red and green gems.  I put some of these on the 'back' too.

I hope you like it and I hope that it is good enough for the DT over at Created with Love.  Why don't you have a go yourself and enter this week's challenge.

I would like to enter the card into  the following challenges:

Catch The Bug - Anything Goes

Holly
xx

6 comments:

  1. As I hate doing it I will admit at the beginning that this is a copy and paste comment as I am unable to type properly at the moment, but didn't want to miss the opportunity to take a look at your lovely creation and thank you for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute, well put together, great image and beautifully coloured, thanks for playing along with us at Brown Sugar, blessings Hilde

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous and so cute, I love this image and everything about your card. Congrats on your new DT and thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week. Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card - a really sweet image and great papers.

    Thanks for joining us at Pink Gem and good luck!

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a Fabulous creation!
    Thanks so much for playin’ along with us this week for the Catch The Bug Anything Goes Challenge with Bugaboo Stamps!
    Be sure to check out The Bug Blog for our next challenge that begins tomorrow! We hope you’ll play along!
    Hugs & Happy Days!
    ~Min: Bugaboo Asst DT Coordinator
    Kaymin Kreations

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget