Sunday, 24 November 2013

Glitter & Sparkle - Add Some Snow

Sooo, it's Sunday, which means that it is time for another challenge over at Glitter & Sparkle, and this week our challenge theme is to Add Some Snow

I used an image from one of our sponsors, Crafty Sentiments, to make my card:




I decided which papers I was going to use before I coloured my image, so took the colours for the image from the papers, hence they are bright, as I used my Merry Magic paper pack, which I got last year, simply because I very rarely use it and I love the bright Christmas trees on the paper I have used.  I used promarkers to colour my image.

I chose a green card blank to match the papers and a blue satin ribbon, which I got from Crafty Poodles recently.  I also made a bow from the ribbon, attaching this to the corner of the image, where it overlaps the ribbon.  I then attached a coordinating button brad to the centre of the bow.

Finally, I attached a bright chipboard sentiment, which I think I got free with a magazine last Christmas, and flat-backed gems from my stash to each corner.  The photography hasn't picked up the colour of the gems very well, but they are green (on the DP) and blue (on the image) to coordinate with the rest of the card.

I am quite happy with this card, as although I have a full set that coordinates with the papers and could have easily used these, everything on the card comes from different bits of my stash, and just happen to go really well together.  I was intending to make a boy card, as I have loads of girl cards, but I'm not sure now whether it is suitable as there is a fair bit of pink on the papers, and I gave the snowman a pink hat.  Saying that though, pink does seem to be popular amongst the men in my life at least.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Digitally Sweet Challenges - Anything Goes
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
Totally Papercrafts - Add A Bow
Penny's Papercrafty Challenge Blog - Anything Goes
JUGS - Photo Inspiration
By Lori Designs - Use Paper
Charisma Cardz - Christmas
Inky Impressions - Hats, Scarves & Gloves
The Paper Shelter - Christmas is Coming
Crafty Sentiments - Christmas

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

JUGS photo inspiration

17 comments:

  1. Lovely card, fab image and design. Thanks for joining us at THE PAPER SHELTER Challenge this week, hope we see you again soon. Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful take on the inspiration photo! I love your background of trees and your sweet snowman. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, and what a sweet snowman! Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge.
    Mandy x (PPCC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great christmas card, thanks for sharing with this week at Crafty Sentiments hope to see you back again next week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is adorable! Love the darling little snowman and that beautiful blue satin ribbon with the brad, Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a sweet card thanks for joining us at brown sugar
    grts tonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the paper you have used and awesome work on the image. Thanks so much for playing along at Crafty Sentiments this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Holly, your card is sweet and the bow is beautiful!

    I'm glad you joined Totally Paper Crafts challenge "Add a Bow"!
    Good luck in the draw, and we hope you'll play along with us in the upcoming challenges too.

    Alexandra, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choice of paper and ribbon to go along with our Inspiration photo over at JUGS! Glad you played along with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holly, I love your card. I do the same thing...pick my papers then color the image to match. I think it takes the stress of me doing it that way to be sure the card all blends together. This is an adorable snowman. The image is so cute, and it's colored beautifully! What a nice card..and that ribbon...well, it's downright gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter challenge this week and hope to see you again soon! --Gail

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent inspired card! Love everything from the tag to the ribbon! Thanks for joining in with JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fabulous inspired card! Love it all from the tag to the ribbon~ Thanks for joining in with JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely card, and that bow is amazing! Thank you for joining us this week at the Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge. I hope you play along with us again soon.

    Jackie, Crafty Sentiments Designs DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is so adorable! Love your image and that festive bow! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card hun, love the paper
    Thanks for joining us this week over at Charisma Cardz challenge blog.
    Good Luck with the challenge
    Hugs
    Marie (A Charisma Gal)
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, love your design and colours, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz, hugs, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget