Sunday, 10 November 2013

Glitter & Sparkle - Autumn Colours

Sooo, it's Sunday, which means that it is time for another challenge over at Glitter & Sparkle, and this week our challenge theme is Autumn Colours.

I used an image from one of our sponsors, Fred She Said, to make my card:



I struggled a little trying to think up the concept for my card, as it is most definitely a Christmas/Winter image, and I thought long and hard about how I was going to make this into an autumn-coloured card.  Anyway, I finally drew inspiration from my LOTV Krafty Christmas paper pack and decided to make an easel card as they are always popular.

I lined my card inner first, using some paper from the LOTV Krafty Christmas pack, wrapped with orange ribbon.  I stitched around the edge for the effect and also stitched a white panel to enable the card to be written.  The ribbon was not enough of a stop for the card, I had hoped, so I rummaged in my stash for something a bit more 3-D and sturdy enough to hold the easel up.  I finally came across  these gold poinsiettas, which I attached using sticky fixers for dimension.  They seem to do the job well.

I coloured my image using brushed corduroy distress ink.  I mixed a little red ink in for the gloves, stripes on the tights and trim on the skates.  I coloured the face in with promarkers.  I then added liquid pearls to look like snow fall and added glitter to the fur parts of the girl's outfit, but it doesn't show up very well on the photo - it really was a horrible day for photos yesterday when I was snapping all my cards.

I then decided to follow the sketch over at Digitally Sweet, where I won last week, with last week's Glitter & Sparkle DT card.


Once dry, I die-cut my image into a circle and die-cut a scalloped circle from kraft card for a backing.  I also die-cut some of the left-over paper from the card inner into a circle.  I stitched these layers together.  

To finish the image, I tied narrow brown and orange ribbons into a bow and attached this at the edge of the image.

I then set to work putting together the rest of the sketch.

I chose two snowflake papers from the Krafty Christmas pad and some more orange ribbon.  I assembled the sketch (except the image panel) and again stitched around the edge.  I attached the image panel using sticky fixers for some dimension.  I did the same with the sentiment, which is a white peel-off, which I attached to a scrap piece of kraft card.

I'm tempted to add some personalisation to  this card and give it to one of my nieces for Christmas, but I'm still  thinking about that at the moment.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx



Sketch at Digitally Sweet

13 comments:

  1. lovely card for Christmas thanks for sharing with brown sugar this week Rachel DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you join us for our winter warmth challenge at CSAYL Holly, so lovely and gorgeous création, délicate and sweet, hope to see you next time, biz

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this card , the colouring is great too,good luck in our challenge over on divas by designs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very cute! And such a unique color for winter, but I think it works! Unfortunately, our "Winter Warmth" challenge is to use either fabric or felt on your creation. :(
    Heather, CSAYL DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card! Amazing job with the colors with this image. Erin. Glitter n sparkle DT teamie

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Inky Impressions for our dies and punches challenge, good luck!!

    hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful project!

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and I hope we see you again soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your easel card is stunning!! Thank you for joining our challenge at The Paper Shelter! Hugs, Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job turning it into an autumn card! Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this card is stunning. I love the colours your used...kraft is always fun to play with and you've made this card have such a wonderful Christmasy-fell even though you've used non-traditional colours. Very nice indeed. Love that image too. Thanks for joining us at Brown Sugar this week. Good luck.

    Lynn, DT BSCB
    http://brownsugarchallenge.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, lovely layout and image.
    Thank you for joining The Winter Wonderland 'For a Child' challenge and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card with such a cute image and lovely design.
    Thanks for joining us at TPS this week. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty! Love all the extra embellies!
    Thank you for joining us at Digitally Sweet!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget