Monday, 11 November 2013

Pink & Glittery Christmas

Soooo, tonight I would like to share a card I made as an order from my friend, Liz.  My brief was 5 year old girl, very pink, and I think I have succeeded in fulfilling that brief:



I decided to make an easel card, as these are always popular with kids.

I used a pink blank and covered the outer and inner with my new digi papers from Nit Wits - their Naughty or Nice Christmas collection.  I love the vintage feel to these papers.

I love the little details on the inner paper, such as the Christmas tree in the bottom right-hand corner.  

Before attaching the papers I inked the edges with brushed corduroy distress ink using my ink duster brushes.  I also used the ink dusters and brushed corduroy to ink the edges of the petals of the pink poinsettias, which I die-cut and embossed using some marianne creatables dies, and finished with a pink or purple gem as the middle.

I used the ink dusters with victorian velvet to ink the edge of the image, which is an LOTV mini masterpiece from last Christmas, and is the girliest one I could find.  I also inked the tags, which I stamped using black versamark ink and the LOTV Christmas tags sentiment stamps.  I love this set, as even if there is no room for a 'proper' sentiment, I can always find room for a little tag or two.


I also added some glitter to the stars on the image and the crown, together with adding liquid pearls to the falling snow.

To put the card together, I attached the image to some craft gauze and attached this to the card, tucking a die-cut pink glitter flourish behind.

I made a little bow out of lilac ribbon, to match the image,  and tucked two tags behind, one of which I had added  peel-off to, which I had coloured pink, saying 'niece'.

I also attached the smaller poinsettia to the font front of the card.

Before attaching the paper to the inner of the card, I had wrapped some pink ribbon around it and attached a button brad.  Again, I attached a tag and the larger poinsettia.

To finish, I spelled out the recipient's name in gold glitter peel-off letters.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

13 comments:

  1. oooo...this is so sweet! beautiful image.
    thank you for joining at lacy sunshine challenge
    greetings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for palying along with us this week at TPC with this gorgeous glittery creation.
    Happy Crafting
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is just beautiful Holly!!! I love all of your little add ons!!! You colour so very well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, perfect for our theme at the Winter Wonderland. Thank you for joining us
    Hugs Kate
    PS I have Candy if you are Interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wunderschöne Karte und sie glitzerzt so schön.
    Vielen dankfür deine Teilnahme bei den Fairytale Stampers.
    LG
    Manu

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this gorgeous card, fab design & details. Thanks for joining us at AGOAC. Good Luck!

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for joining us at Hobbycutz this week
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow das ist wirklich richtig schön glitzerig geworden. Ganz toll!!!
    Hab lieben Dank für deine Teilnahme bei Fairytale Stampers
    GLG Tamesis

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a pink Christmas card and all that swirly stuff just makes it that much better. thanks for playing with us at Pile It On.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card, well done! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card. Fantastic colours !
    Thanks for joining us at Fairytale Stampers .

    Greetings , Katrin

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful! Thank you bunches for joining my Lacy Sunshine Challenge. Hope you will join us next time.
    Heather xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A wonderful card. Thanks for joining us at Fairytale Stampers.
    hugs
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget