Thursday, 7 November 2013

Review: Simply Cards & Papercraft - Issue 117

Soooo, a nice surprise when I got home from my wanders on Saturday - my copy of Simply Cards and Papercraft had arrived and I wasn't expecting it.  As the weather was so rubbish, I decided not to go to a bonfire, but instead to stay in, watch Strictly and read the magazine.  I was going to play with the freebies - some Kaisercraft papers, a stamp and some luggage tags, but fell asleep on the sofa shortly after Strictly finished, so never quite made it back up to my craft room.

The free papers are very vintage in style, so lend themselves well to using with kraft and the gorgeous vintage card designs shown in the magazine.

Out Of This World has some stunning galxy effects by Kim Dellow.  These cards are made using spray inks and really are gorheous.  They would make perfect man cards, and let's fact it, they are always difficult to make cards for.  There are step-by-step photo instructions and Kim has lots of hints and tips.  My favourite has to be In My Heart, because it looks so simple yet very very effective.  I may try this one for valentines day next year.  Of course, it means buying more supplies, which the hubby will probably not be very impressed with as I already have supplied stacking up on the floor due to lack of room, but if it is to make him a lovely card . . . .

Of course, I loved reading the feature on the Lili Of The Valley ladies, Lisa and Laila, as it is my local craft store (and my favourite) and I can vouch for the fact that the shop always looks gorgeous.  It was nice to read about hos they got started and have developed the business.  There are even some cards made using their stamps and paper pads, all of which I love.  If I had unlimited funds, I would just spend a day in their shop.

Jayne Nestorenko has some goregous cards made using her own line of stamps.  I absolutely adore the ones where she has created a little scene.  Birch Trees in Moonlight has to be my favourite - probably because it is blue and blue is my favourite colour.

There are also some really pretty gift boxes and ouches by Su Pennick.  These are perfect for those awkard shaped presents (basically, anything that isn't box shaped as far as I am concerned).  My favourite has to be the boutique box, which would be perfect for filling with sweets, or come wedding season perfect for your confetti stash (if you are allowed confetti - I went to a wedding recently and the church wouldn't let confetti be thrown - how mean!).

Other projects and features include:
  • Wybrich van der Roest has some cards featuring the new Marianne Design's Home Sweet Home collection
  • Stephanie de Geus tries out the Fiskars Fuse Creativity System and has some quick Christmas cards
  • Jo Kill recycles Christmas dies for year-round cards
  • Luoise Collins has some new years cards
Giveaways this issue include:
  • Vivi Gade Design Christmas Copenhagen EASTkit
  • dreamees handmade paper rose sets
  • Art Parts scallop trim
  • Wooden Elements tool caddy
  • Deco Art Christmas stamp sets
The next issue is out on 5th December and comes with some free Graphic45 papers and chipboards.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget