Tuesday, 12 November 2013

Sparkle & Snowflakes

Soooo, today I will share with you another card that I made for my friend, Liz, this time for her two-year old nephew.  


I actually made this on Sunday, but have just not had the energy to sit down and write a blog post.


To begin, I stamped this LOTV image with black versamark ink, allowed to dry while I pottered, and the coloured the image with a mixture of distress inks and promarkers. Unfortunately, the flash on my camera seems to have drained a bit of  the colour out of the image when photographing.
I also added some stickles to the fur on the image and edges the image panel with distress ink using an ink duster brush.

While this was drying, I covered a blue blank with some vintage-style papers from the Raspberry Road Naughty or Nice digi papers set, which is currently on sale for $0.99 - bargain! 

Before adding the paper to the inner of the card, I wrapped it on some tilda ribbon and added a Christmas tree button brad.

I then added 'Ewan' in gold glitter letters and a silver Christmas tree within the Christmas tree in the paper design.

I then attached the image, adding some craft gauze to the back.  I have rediscovered this in my stash and intend to get lots and lots of use out of it.  It is perfect for all cards and adds some gorgeous interest.

I stamped some LOTV Christmas sentiment tags, including a blank one, to which I added a 'nephew' peel off, which I had coloured blue.


Finally, I added a tiny blue snowflake and a giant glitter silver snowflake.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Right, now I'm off for a nice relaxing soak in the bath.  I'll be back tomorrow with another (non-Christmas) card for you.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx









15 comments:

  1. oh this is adorable, how cute is that image!!!

    thank you for joining in with the cutie pies xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, so sweet...Thanks for playing along with us a Totally Papercrafts this week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the cute image, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!!! Too cute!! I just LOVE the LOTV images!! :) :) Thank you for joining us @ Crafty Sentiments “Blues” challenge!!
    Nicole’s Craft Nook
    Nicole’s BLOG Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cute card! It fits our 'Baby it's cold outside'-challenge perfectly! Thanks for joining us at Cards und more.
    Hugs
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww this is so adorable. I love your colouring and layout, Holly. I'm sure Ewan (and his mum) will love it.
    Thank you for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Holly, such a sweet image and a lovely card - great shaped card as well,

    Thanks for joining in with us this time at The Cutie Pies.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable! Thank you for sharing with us over at Hobby Cutz, Hugs Kerry DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful card, gorgeous layout and super colour combinations, great image and sheer ribbon you used and love that you have shared it with us at the greeting card projects Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for joining us at Hobbycutz this week
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So adorable! Love the image and your color combo! Love blue and silver! Your card design is fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments!
    Jackie

    Please click here to join in my Blog Candy!

    SchoolinandScrappin
    Crafty Sentiments Designs
    Crafty Sentiments Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute Christmas card. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Sentiments Challenge.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute card but unfortunately you don't read our rules from cards und more. Hope you are back for our next challenge.
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card, well done! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Holly, what a great and so lovely Card with so many wonderful and lovely details. So cute!

    We are very happy that you take part at the Cards und More Challenge. To participate in the draw of the prize and the Top 3, you have to follow the challenge rules. Unfortunately, you have joined more than 5 challenges simultaneously in total and cannot take part in the draw this time. I am so sorry. We would be delighted if you join in again next time :-)

    Hugs Claudia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget