Tuesday, 26 November 2013

Sweet Sketch Wednesday: Eureka Stamps

Sooooo, it's Wednesday, which means that it is time for another exciting Sketch Challenge over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.  Our DT always have some great inspiration cards for you, so why don't you pop over and have a gander.  While you're there, why don't you submit a card made following this amazing sketch by our very own Sally:




How great and interesting does it look?  

This week, we are sponsored by (new to me) Eureka Stamps and here is a little bit about them:

Finally, The Stamps You've been Looking for!Eureka Stamps offers a large variety of images and sentiments in many different categories for all of your stamping needs. OurPaper Sculpting stamps add an extra dimension to your creations. Or, Mix and match ourBalloons and Balloon Holders to celebrate every occasion. Our Stamps are available as unmounted, deep etched, natural red rubber stamps OR as digital stamps. If Eureka Stamps aren't exactly what you are looking for, Don't miss out on the sister companies: QKR StampedeBiblical Impressions Rubber Stamps, or the newest addition; Alluring Impressions.

I must admit, I struggled a bit with my card this week.  I think it is because I couldn't enlarge my image any more without it all going extremely fuzzy.

Anyway, I persevered and I am quite happy with the result:


I used an ink duster and dusty concord distress ink to colour the whole of the image.  I then  coloured the border with a promarker and picked out bits of the image with a silver gel pen.

To create my background, I used some silver metallic card and wrapped it top and bottom with some purple ribbon.  I then wrapped this with some different, narrower purple ribbon.

To finish, I added three clear gems to the bottom right hand corner and three snowflakes to the top left of the image.

Anyway, despite my reservations, I don't think that it has turned out too bad.  Why don't you enter yourself and show me how it's done?

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

7 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card, love all the snowflakes and the touch of purple. Have a super week.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an icy wonderland you've created with your card. Love the colors that you you used. That silvery paper creates and interesting effect on your card. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty colours this week Holly, love the look of the snow from your shinny card and that really pretty purple ribbon. Take care and have a great week.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color combo Holly!! The swirling snowflakes are gorgeous!!
    Blessings to you!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely Holly! I too love your snowy image. Bet your card really shimmers, like fresh fallen snow. Happy Monday!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the colors you have used for your card. Some of my favorites. VEry pretty card!
    Hugs, nancy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget