Friday, 22 November 2013

What A Cracker!

Sooo, as promised I now share with you the other project I managed to get done at the LOTV workshop back in October, before I had to go home with migraine :-(

This was the first project we actually made that day and I really enjoyed making it.  So much so, that I have been hunting the internet to get the die to cut the cracker, but can't find this particular one anywhere.  Unfortuantely, it doesn't help that I can't remember what make the die was.  I also feel after making this and another upcoming project that I need to invest in some border dies.



The cracker was pretty simple to make.  Basically, decorate with the papers before assembling the cracker, and then add the rest of the embellishments.  All the papers are from the LOTV Classic Christmas pad.




The little pinecone embellishments were really easy to make and there is a tutorial online somewhere, but because I want to find it I can't!  Typical.  Basically, it is a scalloped spiral, stained on the edges and then curled up to form something like a pinecone.

The star deocration was made using some die-cut stars, a wooden heart, some ribbon and a teeny tiny red button.

Anyway, I hope you like my cracker.  I will track down the die (or something similar at least) before next Christmas to make some of these. 

I now intend to get on with the projects I didn't get chance to make, but which Dawny kindly let me have the kits for, so I could do them at home.

As always, I will keep you updated.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx



1 comment:

  1. This is a GREAT project...wouldn't it be perfect for the Christmas table to have one at everyone's place!!! If you do find the die will be share the info???

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget