Saturday, 7 December 2013

Baby Macey

Soooo, this is a card I made at 4o'clock on Wednesday morning as something had woken me up and I couldn't get back to sleep.  In fact, something has woken me up at 4 every morning since.  I'm getting bored of it now.

Anyway, this card is made for my sister to give to her brother-in-law and partner on the birth of their little girl, Macey, who arrived muchos late this week.



The layout comes from the stash over at Sketch N Stamp and the image is a new addition to my stash from Lili of the Valley, which I stamped in black versafine and then coloured with promarkers.  The little sentiment is actually part of the stamp.  I cut the image into a rectangle, rounded the corners with a corner punch and inked the edges with victorian velvet distress ink.

The papers are all newbie additions to my stash from Raspberry Road.  The flowers and decoration down the right hand side are part of that particular paper.  I didn't ink the edges of these, as they already have a bit of a distressed look as it is.  I thought the sketch was a great way to use up some bits and pieces of papers left over from a baby card I made a couple of weeks ago (which can be found here).  I matted these to some pale pink glittery card that I have had forever.

The tag is from my stash, and I actually used this to cover up a bit of dodgy stamping (it was practically the middle of the night - perfect stamping can not be expected).  The bow is made from a scrap of ivory ribbon and the flower is made from two die-cut flowers from my stash, finished with a flat-backed pearl.  I really need to stock back up on these flowers as I am nearly out.  I think they were Dovecraft.

I finished the card by stamping 'Macey' where the sentiment should go according to the sketch and adding two small flat-backed pearls to the left hand side of the card.

Et voila!

I hope my sister likes it, and I hope her brother-in-law and his partner likes it.  This has been a much awaited baby.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

Sketch N Stash

15 comments:

  1. How darling :) And congrats to the new addition to the extended family! Thanks so much for joining us at The Shabby Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh ist die süße geworden. Einfach zauberhaft!!!
    Hab herzlichen Dank für Deine Teilnahme bei Fairytale Stampers
    Liebe Grüße
    Tamesis

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Holly

    deine Karte ist wunderschön und das Motiv ganz niedlich.
    Schön das du bei den Fairytale Stampers dabei bist.
    LG
    Manu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card
    Thanks for sharing with us at crafty sentiments
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I love that image and your coloring is fantastic! I feel your pain about being up at 4 am, too often I am as well! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at Loves Rubber Stamps Challenges and look forward to seeing more of your lovely creations again soon. Have a beautiful week! Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Holly :) having new baby must be a great pleasure to the parents. And this card made the happiness complete :) what a beautiful card, perfect image, and I love the DP :)
    Thanks for sharing this at Crafty Sentiments, and hope to see you again soon :)
    Warm hugs, Mikha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card and fabulous colors and design. I love it. Thanks for playing with us over at Loves Rubberstamps!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, adorable image and pretty colours.
    Thank you for taking part in the Sketch 'n' Stash Challenge.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww what a wonderful card!
    That LOTV- stamp is soooo cute, I love it!
    Thank you for sharing with us at Sketch N Stash- challenge

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, thank you for joining us over at the Crafting Musketeers Challenge Blog, Fran (DT) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card for Crafting Musketeers 'layer it up' challenge, Hazel, DT Crafting Musketeers x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at the Crafting Musketeers, Nicola X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous 'P' project!
    Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
    Happy New Year!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a SWEET card!!
    Thanks for joining us last month at PIO!
    Happy New Year!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget