Monday, 9 December 2013

Created With Love - Bugaboo

Soooo, it's Monday, which means that it is time for another challenge over at Created With Love, and this week our theme is easy - Christmas. 

This week we are sponsored by Bugaboo, and here is my DT card:



Which as you can see is not actually a card, but in fact a Christmas tag, which shall be adorning one of my Christmas presents, which are now all bought (although I have one or two I need to finish off making). 

I didn't plan on making a tag at first, but once I had printed off my image (to the usual size I would if making a card), I realised that it would make a much better tag than a card.  

I coloured the image with promarkers and cut it to a tag shape.  I then cut a slightly larger piece of kraft card as the base.

Before attaching the image to the base I added a scrap of craft gauze, then glued the image over the top.  I then punch a hole in the top of the tag.

I threaded some red ribbon through the hole, and I was going to thread the ribbon through a jingle bell, but the ribbon was too thick, so in the end the jingle bell just got glued into the hole.  I thought adding a jingle bell would match the image.

I then added two red flowers with holly leaves from my stash.  For the centre of the holly leaves I used some green star gems.

Finally, to finish my tag, I dotted burgundy stickles all around the edge.

I'm not sure whose present this will be going on yet, but I will be trying to make my wrapping to match in one way or another.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!


Holly

xx

Cupcake Inspirations Photo

14 comments:

  1. fab hun and very good luck with your challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for joining us at Delicious Doodles for our Christmas/New Year challenge and Good Luck!

    Hugs,
    Karen. DT.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous tag, I love the cute sentiment/image and the craft gauze over the base is such a great touch!! Thanks so much for playing at Crafty Sentiments this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic tag Holly and sure will make someones present extra special !! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Crafty Sentiments Designs !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute tag, love the cheese cloth. Thanks for playing with us at TIOT.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful and fun tag, Holly! Love the flower embellies. Thanks so much for playing along in our Christmas/New Year challenge at Delicious Doodles this week. Hope to see you again soon.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A super cute tag Holly. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab tag, it'll make a present look really special. Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Me again! Thanks for sharing this fabulous tag with us at Card Makin' Mamas, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh this is so festive and fun! So glad you used this week's colors at Cupcake Inspirations!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you for joining us at TIOT,with your excellent textured creation.EE

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for playing along with us this week at TPC with your gorgeous creation.
    Happy Crafting
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love love this tag, amazing job on this
    thanks fro sharing at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know there is a new challenge already, but somehow time just slips through my fingers at the moment, so I am catching up a little on the commenting...
    LOVE your tag,
    thanks for joining us at TIOT
    xxx Ellie Knol xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget