Tuesday, 31 December 2013

Diamond Wedding

Sooooo, today I would like to share with you the candle I made recently for my husband's grandma and grandad's diamond wedding anniversary.  


Having just made it to my 1st wedding anniversary at the weekend, 60 years for a diamond wedding anniversary seems like forever away.  I remember my great grandparents making it to their diamond wedding anniversary when I was a kid, but I'm not too sure any of the rest of my family will ever make it that far - maybe my auntie and uncle (who have made it to 30 years so far), but everyone else is divorced at least once, so to make it to your diamond anniversary, I think, is something to be applauded.  Fingers crossed me and the hubby make it.

Anyway, enough rambling from me, about le candle.

I made this using the usual tissue paper/wax paper technique, which I use for my advent candles and wedding candles.  I used the same image I used for their card, but changed the colours to fit in with the silver/diamond theme I was trying to go for for the candle.


I also cut away the sentiment and used this on the back of the candle, where I also added a bow and made a '60' from flat backed crystals.


I also added flat-backed crystals to the front of the candle, together with a little wire heart and a silver bow and tied the whole candle with a silver ribbon. 


To finish, I created a little bundle of a silver bow, some heart pins and some curled wire.  I finished t his with a little crystal star and added this to the side of the candle.  It handily hides the ribbon join.

I hoped Phil's grandma and grandad liked it, and it survived transit, as neither me nor Phil is the most careful person!

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx













1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful Holly, lovely idea for an anniversary gift and I love the added diamante - fab!

    Thanks for entering our 'anything but a card' challenge - good luck!

    Anne x
    Lili of the Valley

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget