Friday, 20 December 2013

Review: Cardmaking & Papercraft - Issue 126 (January)

Soooo, I think today sees the latest issue of Cardmaking & Papercraft hit the shops, and it is another non-Christmas one.  Yay!

This issue comes with a floral background and sentiment stamp set and papers, which I am very much looking forward to using to make some thank you cards after my birthday and Christmas.

As always, the first feature in the magazine is ideas for using your freebie.  I really like the gift bag idea and this may be something I try out.  The cards are a bit traditional and what I would call 'granny' but that is very en vogue at the moment and I do like the style.

I loved reading about Washi paper and how it is made.  I went to Castle Howard a few months ago and saw them making paper using a very similar technique.  Unfortunately, the husband has banned me from taking up any other craft hobbies - we don't have the room for any more stuff apparently.  I told him we just needed a bigger house!

Anyway, I enjoyed reading about the history of the paper and how Japan are trying to preserve the craft.

This is followed by 10 ideas with Japanese washi paper.
 
I love the ideas with texture paste in Katie Skilton's So Much Love.  The designs can all be used for Valentines Day and most for men too.  It even tells you how to make your own texture paste, which I may one day have a go at.  I just need to get some stencils now . . .
 
I adore Carolune Knott's Valentine's pop up in Cardmaking Masterclass.  It looks quite simple to do and I also think this would make a great engagement/wedding card.  Just change the colours/sentiment a little.
 
I paid great attention to Colour Clinic:  One Stamp Two Colourways, as this features some adorable black labradours and black is a colour I always struggle to do.  This was really helpful and I will no doubt be referring back to this in the future.
 
Other projects this issue:
  • Knowhow Stamping has some cute little animal cards coloured with copics and utilising acetate
  • Quick Makes has lots of ideas for birthdays, valentines and generic cards
  • Simonne Clay shows us how to yse the new Fiskars Fuse Creativity System
  • Leoni Pujol has ideas for using the Silhouette Cameo
  • Q&A has loads of Valentines ideas
  • Upcycle with cardboard tubes
Giveaways this issue are:
  • £1,000 papermania goodies
  • Vintage Notes sets (subscribers only)
  • tickets to the NEC
  • Promarker sets
  • Scotch Expressions tape
  • Hunkydory goodies

The next issue is out on 23 January and comes with a Hunkydory Luxury Paper Collection. 

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget