Monday, 6 January 2014

All Wrapped Up!

Soooo, just a quick post today, and I promise that this is the last Christmas-related post, but I just wanted to share with you my home-made wrapping.  


Last year I got fed-up of spending a fortune on flimsy wrapping paper that ripped far too easily and buying expensive bows, so this year, I decided to have a go at my own, and if I do say so myself, I think it turned out very well.

I decided to use some brown parcel paper, and this is usually thick and feels good quality.  I then stamped various designs on the paper before using it to wrap my presents.  I used Memento red and green ink so it dried pretty quickly and I was able to use it pretty much straight away.  It cost me £2.99 for a roll of 8 metres of paper, and I didn't use it all, and thee ink and stamps were already in my stash so cost me nothing really.

My favourite, I think, is the red bauble/fa-la-la-la-la combination.


I made plain tags from scraps of kraft card and to finish my wrapping I used some florist ribbon - red or green, the opposite of the stamping on the paper.  These cost me £1.50 a roll and will probably last me ten Christmases.  

The girls presents got fancy curly bows and the boys presents got simple tied bows.  I think both are very effective.


I really like my wrapping this year and will probably be doing the same next year.  I might even stamp some sheets up and sell wrapping packs - I will have a think about that one as the year progresses.

We'll move onto non-Christmas things tomorrow.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget