Wednesday, 8 January 2014

CAS Card Set

Soooo, following on from yesterday's fabulous thank you cards, I decided to use the rest of that amazing stamp set to make a set of birthday cards:


Again, I stamped the sentiments - Bottoms Up! Fabulous, Birthday and Make a Wish - using black onyx versafine ink, cutting them into rectangles and matting onto plain card, this time red or purple.  

I then attached these layers to a 6x4 white card blank and decided that they needed a little something extra, so I stamped a little image in the bottom right of each card using black onyx versafine again.

I have tried to make the image match the sentiment, so Bottoms Up! has a champagne bottle, which I got in a little stamp set from Hobbycraft; Make A Wish has a little cupcake from my stamp stash; Birthday, I thought, would be good with a little present, again from my stamp stash; and I struggled with Fabulous to begin with until I found the bunting stamp in my stash.  I think it works quite well.

I decided to keep the cards as CAS as possible, so I left the images uncoloured, the only colour therefore coming from the border around the sentiment.  This makes it pretty easy to change up the colours and  I also think leaving them as CAS as possible means that they are suitable for both men and women.

I liked this set so much that I thought I wouldn't mind making some more, so I have put them in my Esty shop and they can be found here.  These are the first cards I have actually put in my Etsy shop, but I am working on some more ideas which I think might work well.

I also intend to make up some more sets of these for my first Craft Fair this year, which will be in February.

I hope you like them.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget