Friday, 3 January 2014

Fairy Godmother

Soooo, today I would like to share with you one of the Christmas presents I made:



I made this gorgeous wand for my godmother, as I had also bought her some fairy wings, so she could be a proper fairy godmother - she's certainly small enough to be a fairy at 5 foot minus 1.

This is possibly the most expensive wand ever, as I raided Hobbycraft for the bits to make it, spending the best part of a tenner, and even then, my original plan didn't work!!!!


I originally bought some wooden spoons to make the handle, but this didn't work, so instead I used florist tape to  tape together three skewers, which worked perfectly.  

I then glued some gold glitter foam stars to the top and once again used florist tape to attach some white feathers and some pink glitter ball wires.


I then wrapped the handle with gold ribbon and made a bow from the left over ribbon, attaching this at the bottom of the star.

The godmother seemed to like her present.  I certainly hope she did - I can never buy her serious presents!

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget