Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Football

Soooo, today I would like to share with you a card I made for my hubby's nephew a couple of weeks ago.

I made this with a large 8x8 blank and Football Dan digi from Digistamp Boutique.

I coloured the image using Promarkers and Spectrum Noirs and I coloured the football (or soccer to the non-UK out there) strip claret and amber, as those are the Bradford City colours as all my husband's family support Bradford - I've not quite figured out why yet.

I matted the image onto some green gingham paper and layered this over some green grosgrain ribbon.

I used the same green gingham paper to die-cut letters to spell out Dilly's name, and attached these under the image.

To finish the card, I used shrink plastic to make three tiny footballs, which I attached in the top right-hand corner.  I made these by tracing the football from the image with a black marker, cutting out the footballs, which happened to be the perfect size for me to use my circle punch with, and then used my heat gun to shrink.

I can make this card to have the colours of any team on the strip and any name on the bottom.  

I have also decided to add these to my Etsy shop.

I'm going to make some more of these for my craft fair this coming weekend, with  probaby Leeds United colours, as that is where we live, and son/dad/brother, rather than the personalised name.  I am also going to make some rugby cards I think, again with Leeds colours.  I'll keep you posted.

I have been neglecting my challenge entries recently, so I would like to enter this into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx


5 comments:

  1. Another great creation Holly. I especially love the Soccer Balls.
    Cheers Nicole TPC DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Holly! Thank you for entering the DigiStamp Boutique monthly comp....Sally-Ann :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. Thanks for playing at DSC this week.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute image and coloring. Thanks for sharing with us at Craftitude Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute, thanks so much for joining us over at Craftitude!
    Hugs Donna DT xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget