Monday, 6 January 2014

Parcel Force

Sooo, I've made it to 9 o'clock and I am still awake.  This is the first time since Friday that I have been awake for more than 4 hours in total (pernicious anaemia has a lot to answer for!), which means that I have been useless with my DT commitments and to everyone involved I apologise.  I've now had my B12 injection so will no doubt be bouncing off the walls for the next few days.

I didn't quite make it into my craft room today (although I did have a cheesecake disaster) so I thought that I would share some of the cards I made before Christmas (they are non-Christmas cards, I promise), but never got time to blog about.

This first one is a card I made for my husband's youngest nephew, whose birthday was at the beginning of December:



I made this using an idea I got at the LOTV workshop I (half) attended in October, and the image I used is an LOTV mini-masterpiece.  I understand  that these are currently on sale in the LOTV ebay shop.  Anyway, I matted this onto some kraft card.

I used a large 8x8inch card and layered up some banners, cut from a Wellington paper pack that I have had forever and keep forgetting about.  I attached these behind a fancy kraft border tape and attached the image over the top.

I then used brushed corduroy distress ink to stamp two 'happy birthday' sentiments in the two top corners and used sticky letters to spell out Tom's name on the image.

To finish, I used one of the buttons which came with my Crafty Creatives Circus box.

I never got any feedback on whether Tom liked the card or not, but that is just the way with my husband's family!

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

8 comments:

  1. What a stunning LOTV card you have made. It fits our challenge this week well of “Layer it up”. Thanks for taking part and good luck. Best wishes, Kym (Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog Design Team Member)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, I like the image and how you coloured it.
    Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion.
    xxx Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun banners! Thanks for sharing at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job, this is one cool card. I like the banner under the image. The image you colored wonderfully! Thanks for playing our Anything Goes Challenge at Love to Scrap!
    Leanne DT@Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's lovely, I haven't mastered the use of banners yet, thanks for the inspiration and for playing with CMM anything goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Milk Coffee. Good luck!

    Hugs!
    Rossi (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Chalenge. Good luck!

    Hugs!
    Rossi (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, well done! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge.

    groetjes, Ellen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget