Sunday, 26 January 2014

Purple Peacock

Soooo, this is a card I made yesterday using just the kit from Papercrafter.  I hadn't intended this to be the case, but it was lying on my desk and I just ended up using various bits from it.



I had intended using the peacock peel off, which is around the edge, but as the other peel-offs decided to stick too (I couldn't figure out a good way of cutting it out so only the peacock border as in contact with the card), my original design went to pot, and I had to re-think.

So, I decided to use a craft knife to cut around the border, trying to follow the lines as best as possible.  I then attached the purple patterned paper to the back of the card front.  I then glued the heart to what I thought was the centre, but looking back at the photos, I think it is decidedly off-centre.  Finally, to finish off, I used one of the intact peel offs and attached it to white card, and then to the centre of the heart.  Everything but the card blank, as I have said, came from the Papercrafter kit.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, I love that funky patterned paper!
    Thanks for playing along at Diva's this week for our Anything Goes Challenge and good luck in the draw
    Hugs Laurie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly,
    This looks fab. That paper is gorgeous, such a wonderful card design. Thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. well you did totally fabulous for a card that wasn't colaborating!!! just love that border and the fab dp you have used.

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Craftitude challenge. Hope you will join us next time DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  4. It might not be what you intended but it turned out wonderful. The frame around the outside looks great next to the busier background paper and the heart in the middle ties it all together. Thanks for joining our Anything Goes/I see Fluffy challenge this fortnight at Craftitude Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget