Friday, 31 January 2014

Reverse Iris Folding

Sooooooo, today I would like to share with you my most recent 'ooops!'.

I decided to give Iris Folding a go after seeing a card sent in by a reader in the latest issue of Cardmaking & papercraft.  She had made a card similar to the one I have made below, but she got the iris folding right.

 

Anyway, I decided I was going to have a go and I dug out an old copy of Cardmaking & Papercraft which had instructions in and I found a template online, which I thought I could use.  The template can be found here.

I used papers from the latest issue of Simply Cards & Papercraft because I though they were quite romantic and I set about folding.

Without reading the instructions to the end, I also started sticking.  I should not have started sticking.  If I had read the instructions to the end, I would have known that the idea is to simply lay the folded papers onto the template and then tape them together with finished to give the lovely swirly inwards effect.  Anyway, I got the lovely swirly eye effect, but it goes out, not in.

I decided I couldn't be bothered to start again, so I decided to use what I had. 

I cut a heart aperture from a card blank and attached  my 'iris folding' behind it.  I checked with the hubby, and he said it looked OK.

To finish the card, I tied a little bronzey-coloured bow and attached it to the top of the heart.  I then stamped 'Love' below the heart to finish.

Quite CAS I think and if I hadn't told you, I'm sure you would never have known that I did it all wrong!

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx


photo inspiration










1 comment:

  1. Well Holly...I LOVE you "oooops" !!!! It is LOVELY!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget