Thursday, 23 January 2014

Review: Cardmaking & Papercraft - Issue 127 (February)

Soooo, sorry this is a bit late today - I have been going to write it all week, but all I have been doing is sleeping when I get in from work.  I've not been sleeping well on a night for the last week or so, so I spend my days absolutely shattered and with no energy to do anything. 

Anyway, here I am sat writing on my lunchbreak - I should be sewing, but decided that this was more important.

So, this is the February issue, and with this issue you get a free, very pretty, Hunkdory Floral Enchantment set.  This contains some gorgeous papers and some pretty foiled toppers.  I fully intend to sit down tonight/at the weekend to use this.  I've also dug out some other Hunkydory papers from the last freebie set I got and discovered that they go very well with this set too.

Anyway, as is the norm, the first project feature in the magazine is some ideas for using your freebie.  The cards in this feauture are gorgeous and I may have a go at one or two of them.  There is also a little gift box project.

Knowhow Stamping this month shows you how to use stamps and coordinating dies, with a little input from some distress markers, to make your own butterfly toppers and background papers.  The step-by-step card is lovely and I love the bold colours that have been used.  There are five cards in total, and a matching tag.

I liked the 3 Ideas With Seed Paper projects.  Not only do these make beautiful shabby chic-style cards, but they are then plantable to grow some pretty flowers.  It is the card that keeps in giving.  The feature has a thank you card, confetti favours and a save the date card.  Brilliant idea and I'm tempted to get my hands on some seed paper now.

I love the idea of Carolyne Knott's magnet toppers, even more so because they use LOTV stamps, but these are another way of making a card that keeps on giving.  Also, I never thought to use stamped images to make magnets.

Other projects and features this issue include:
  • 10 ideas with shrink plastic
  • Mother's day gifts and card ideas
  • Quick Makes has floral birthday cards, men's birthday cards and some shabby chic cards
  • Jar decoration
  • Five Cards for Under A Fiver has a tea-time 3-D theme going on
  • Upcycle with picture frames
  • Iris folded new-home card
  • Leoni Pujol uses Creative CD-Roms
  • Step-by-Step Colour Blending
Giveaways this issue include:
  • Sizzix Big Shot and goodies
  • Marianne Design goodies
  • Graph'It markers
  • tickets to the Creative Stitches & Hobby Crafts show
  • Woodware goody bag
  • Stampin' Up! My Mother stamp set
This issue hits the shops today and the next issue is out on 20th February with an embossing folder set.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget