Wednesday, 15 January 2014

Review: Papercrafter - Issue 68

Soooo, I am still having blogger problems - can anyone tell me why I can't log in from my phone?  It means I can't comment on any other blogs either.

Anyway, it also means that the bits and pieces of work I do on the way to/from work are not getting done, so apologies that today's post is once again late.

Anyway, this issue hit the shops last week - Friday I think - so you can go get your hands on it now.

The kit this month has some more unusal goodies:
  • a polystyrene heart
  • rubber stamp
  • ink
  • bumper sparkles pack
  • rub-on set
along with the usual suspects:
  • card blanks
  • ribbon
  • papers
  • die-cuts
  • chipboards.
Now, onto the magazine itself . . .

Papercrafter Showcase has loads of ideas for using the kit, inclusing cards, patchwork pictures, flowers, hot air balloons, friezes and wallets.

One of my favourite projects in the mag has to be Gorgeous Artwork, which uses the pretty rub-on set to make a gorgeous picture, which would look lovely on any wall.  I could be tempted to make a version of this as a card, rather than as a picture, but I love the peacock theme they have going on.

Craft School has some woven spheres, which could be a great idea to keep the kids entertains for a couple of ideas when half-term hits. 

There are some lovely wedding cards for the winter brides and grooms out there, and the designs could be easily adapted with just a change of papers for a different season.

There are six very different ideas for using the heart included with the kit - it's just a pity there are not six hearts with the kit.  I can't decide which one I want to have a go at, so I may just have to go buy some more hearts.  The ideas include painting, using sequins, washi tape, stamping, amongst others.

Other projects include:
  • ideas for the shaped cards in the kit
  • cake toppers
  • glam greetings
  • concertina ideas, including a concertina box!
  • sweetie box
  • bollywood-inspired cards
  • gift boxes
  • shadow puppets
  • gift decorations
Giveaways this issue include:
  • Ebosser
  • Woop Studios goodies
  • Bow and flower malers
  • Docrafts goodies
  • Slimline Table Lamp from The Daylight Company
  • Birdhouse kit

The next issue is out on 14th February.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget