Monday, 27 January 2014

Simply Cards & Papercraft - Issue 120

Soooo, it was nice when the new issue of Simply Cards & Papercraft came through the post on Saturday.  I had just woken up from a horrendous migraine, and it was nice to just sit in the quiet and have a nosy through the magazine.

The month's magazine comes with a free Prima paper pack and stamp set and they are so pretty.  I have already used the papers on a project, which I will share with you later in the week, but as usual, the magazine has lots of card ideas for you using both the cards and the stamps.  My favourite has to be 'patchwork heart', which would make a great valentines card.

I love some of the cards made in New Ways With Journaling Cards.  These aren't really something I have ever used before, as I simply don't have time to scrapbook, but I like these cards.  I think they are a great way to add a bit of something different to your cards and I will be stealing some of the ideas.  Grandfather is a particular favourite, and I will be stealing that sentiment.

I also really liked the projects in Shrink To Fit, which uses shrink plastic for homemade embellishments.  I already use this technique, but I really like some of the iseas in this feature, and I will be stealing some of those ideas too.  My favourites are 'happy tags' and wishing you a'.

Other projects include:
  • spring-inspired cards and projects for the keen gardeners in your life
  • Flower Power uses some of the new Sizzix flower dies to make some pretty floral cards
  • Journalling For Beginners
  • crochet your own toppers for mother's day cards
  • new homes cards using old maps


Giveaways this issue include:
  • £600 of Die'sire goodies (yes please!)
  • Stix2 craft tools
  • Crafter's Commpanion Embossalicious embossing folders
  • Polka Doodles vouchers
  • Glitter express bundles
  • Stampin' Up! sets
  • Tickets to the Creative Crafts Shows
The next issue is out on 27th Feb and comes with a free Happy Birthday die.

In the meantime . . .

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget