Saturday, 8 February 2014

Everybody Was Kung Fu Fighting . . .

Sooo, this evening I would like to share with you a card I made this morning for my brother-in-law's upcoming birthday.


I bought the stamp from the LOTV shop last weekend, with my brother-in-law in mind, as he does something marshall-artsy, and when I saw the sketch on the LOTV ideas to inspire website this morning, I was inspired.

I stamped the image using black versafine and then coloured the image with promakers.  

I die-cut this to a circle and then die-cut a scalloped circle from red card.

I had decided to use my new LOTV  cakes and candles papers, as though not originally bought for this card (I bought them because I liked them), they are perfect for boy/man cards.

I stamped a sentiment from my stash using red memento ink, to stick with the theme, which I layered onto blue and then red card.

To finish, I added a blue gem to each corner of the card.  I was going to use red gems, but I couldn't find them, then they appeared two minutes after I had finished the card . . . typical!

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

10 comments:

  1. Your card caught my eye as I used the exact papers for my DT at Cardz4Guyz. Pop over and have a look, even enter our challenge.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous Holly. I love the cute image and wonderful papers.
    Thank you for taking part in the Passion for Promarkers Challenge this week.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute image! I love how you colored him and your choice of papers is awesome for this card. They're fantastic together! Nice layout and love your sentiment words...the type print is great on it! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week and hope to see more of your art work soon! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining us at Passion For Promarkers with this wonderful creation!
    I love the LOTV image and perfect papers for our challenge too :)
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly this is too cute, great image. Thanks for joining us at tps. Joey x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Holly, what a fantastic card. I love the image and papers you've used. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Holly, I love those bright papers too!

    Thanks for entering our 'name that tune' challenge - good luck!

    Anne x
    Lili of the Valley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for playing with us over at the Paper Shelter this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie, team-leader TPS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining us at allsorts this week Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun design - LOTV stamps always fit the bill don't they! Thankyou for joining in my Challenge at Allsorts this week Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget