Monday, 3 February 2014

Left My Heart In Tokyo

Soooo,  this is one of my recent creations made in an attempt to use up some of my LOTV mini masterpieces.  I do have this image in an actual stamp, so I don't mind too much that my mini masterpieces are running low.



This is one of my favourite images and after buying the mini masterpiece, I just had to get the stamp too.  This does remind me that I have been neglecting it of late, and I should remedy that.  I fully intend to make it into my craft room at the weekend and get on with some card making.  I was planning to do some in the evenings this week, but my gran got taken into hospital today (we think she will be fine), so until she is discharged, my evenings will be spent visiting her with grapes, which of course I will eat, as is tradition in my family.  

Anyway, back to le card.  I used an 8x8inch card for this one, as I love using the giant cards.  I layered the image onto a square of pink patterned paper, which came free with an old old issue of Cardmaking & Papercraft, in fact one of the first issues I bought I believe.

I then attached this panel to the centre of the card.

I used my new tonic punches set bought for me by my lovely husband (probably to keep me quiet so he can watch football) to make the flower in the top right hand corner.  It isn't the best, but it is my first attempt - I will keep practising.  The flower is made using papers from the same paper pack.  

Before attaching the flower to the card, I attached a scrap of gauze behind it and some heart pins from my stash.

To finish the card,  I raided my nieces' crafting stash (yes, they have their own stash at my house and yes I am a mean auntie for raiding it) for the the flower gems attached in each corner - blue on the image, pink on the card.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

5 comments:

  1. What a cutie. Thanks for joining us at Hobbycutz this time x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this cute, Oriental card, fabulous colour, image and detail, thank you for playing along with us at Delicious Doodles this week, good luck hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card! Thanks for playing along at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card, Holly and a great link to our challenge theme!

    Thanks for joining our Lili of the Valley 'Name That Tune' challenge!

    Good Luck!

    Hugs

    Erica x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute!!! Thanks for playing at Hobby Cutz. Hope to see you next time. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget