Monday, 10 February 2014

Let's Face The Music

Sooo, today I would like to share with you a card I made at the weekend, and I liked so much and was so impressed with myself (doesn't happen often), that I put it in my Etsy shop here.

As usual, this card turned out nothing like I had intended.  This could mainly be because I ordered the treble clef die I have used online, and when it arrived it was much smaller than I envisaged, so a re-think was in order.  Maybe though this was for the best.



I have made this card for a friend's upcoming birthday, and she is quite a musical person, so I knew that music would be the theme.

After having my re-think, and inspired by the challenge over at Sweet Stamping this week, I decided to dig out my LOTV fabulous sentiment stamps and used the birthday stamp.  I used black versafine ink to stamp onto kraft card, inked the edges with brushed corduroy distress ink and then layered this into some black card.  I, in turn, layered this onto a sheet music paper I had created by stamping a music stamp (no idea what the tune is) from my stash with brushed corduroy distress ink onto white card and again inking the edges.  I used an ink duster brush for this to get a large coverage.

This was then layered onto some white card, which again had had the edges inked.  To finish up the layers, I added some kraft and then some black card.

To finish the card, I die-cut two treble-clefs, one from kraft and one from black, using my new die, layered these together and attached them in the bottom right-hand corner.

What do you think?  I really like the finished card, and I think my friend will, as I am even in the process of making her a coordinating present, which I will share with you when it is finished. 

I like that this is very much a unisex card and I think that it will be quite easy to change the colours around on this card too to make it more girly should that be required.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

8 comments:

  1. Very nice card! I am sure your friend is going to love it! Thanks for sharing it with us at Delightful Challenges, "Anything Goes"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CAS and very elegant! A fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely card Holly, turned out great I think!

    Thanks for entering our 'name that tune' challenge - good luck!

    Anne x
    Lili of the Valley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card, thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge!
    Mandy x (PPCC DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining us at allsorts this week Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!
    Thank you for playing with us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Hope you will join again next week.
    Pia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. a great design and I am sure your friend really loved it. Thankyou for sharing it with us at Allsorts this week Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Sweet Stampin'
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget