Thursday, 20 February 2014

Review: Cardmaking & Papercraft - Issue 128 (March)

Soooo, sorry that it is late posting today - I was far too busy sewing last night (not quite finished yet, but I will share when it is), to be blogging, so I thought I would do it on my lunchbreak today, so here goes . . .

This issue hits the shops today with a free embossing folder set.  These feature damask rose designs and, as usual, the first feature in the magazine, is how to use these.  At first, I thought they were probably a bit old-fashioned, but studying some of the cards, I actually really like them.  I might have a go with them at the weekend if I get my sewing done.

I've been thinking of investing in some crakle glaze/paint for a while, so I enjoyed browsing the 6 Ways With Crackle Paint feature.  Even better, the examples in this feature use LOTV stamps - my favourite, and they are designed by one of the LOTV design team, Fleur.  Anyway, decision make - I will be purchasing some crackle paint/glaze.  Now, just to decise which one.

I love the blue cards in Quick Makes for March.  They are so very pretty and I have some similar papers in my stash, so I may have a go at these.  There are cards for all occasions in this feature, including good luck, thank you, burthday, thinking of you.

The ideas in 5 Ideas For Sympathy Cards are good, as this is something I really struggle with ideas for.  My only criticism could be that these are all a bit girly - what do you do for a man?

I loves the faux tile effect in the Crafter's Q&A and I am going to be having a go at this.  I just can't decide whether to sew or make cards this weekend.

Other projects and features this issue include:
  • Knowhow Stamping has some artisan cards and a gift tag perfect for mother's date or female birthdays
  • Feathered Friends has hen gift boxes, little chick gift bags and even a hen centrepiece
  • 10 ideas with tissue paper
  • Hidden messages cards in 20 minute makes
  • Easter Wonderland has some vintage-looking easter cards - not something we really give in my family and friendship group
  • Origami Easter Bunnies
  • Decorated easter eggs (not chocolate)
  • Leoni Pujol has ideas for using those giant 12x12 scrapbook papers
  • Upcycling with clothes pegs
  • 3 Ways With One Die
Giveaways this issue include:
  • £1000 of Hunkydory Crafts prizes
  • Starform stickers goody packs
  • Woodland Creatures and Book Art books
  • Tilda goodies
  • Marianne Design goodies
  • Woodware goodies
The next issue is out on 20th March and comes with a free stamp and paper set.

Happy Craftting!

Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget