Soooo, sorry that it is late posting today - I was far too busy sewing last night (not quite finished yet, but I will share when it is), to be blogging, so I thought I would do it on my lunchbreak today, so here goes . . .
This issue hits the shops today with a free embossing folder set. These feature damask rose designs and, as usual, the first feature in the magazine, is how to use these. At first, I thought they were probably a bit old-fashioned, but studying some of the cards, I actually really like them. I might have a go with them at the weekend if I get my sewing done.
I've been thinking of investing in some crakle glaze/paint for a while, so I enjoyed browsing the 6 Ways With Crackle Paint feature. Even better, the examples in this feature use LOTV stamps - my favourite, and they are designed by one of the LOTV design team, Fleur. Anyway, decision make - I will be purchasing some crackle paint/glaze. Now, just to decise which one.
I love the blue cards in Quick Makes for March. They are so very pretty and I have some similar papers in my stash, so I may have a go at these. There are cards for all occasions in this feature, including good luck, thank you, burthday, thinking of you.
The ideas in 5 Ideas For Sympathy Cards are good, as this is something I really struggle with ideas for. My only criticism could be that these are all a bit girly - what do you do for a man?
I loves the faux tile effect in the Crafter's Q&A and I am going to be having a go at this. I just can't decide whether to sew or make cards this weekend.
Other projects and features this issue include:
- Knowhow Stamping has some artisan cards and a gift tag perfect for mother's date or female birthdays
- Feathered Friends has hen gift boxes, little chick gift bags and even a hen centrepiece
- 10 ideas with tissue paper
- Hidden messages cards in 20 minute makes
- Easter Wonderland has some vintage-looking easter cards - not something we really give in my family and friendship group
- Origami Easter Bunnies
- Decorated easter eggs (not chocolate)
- Leoni Pujol has ideas for using those giant 12x12 scrapbook papers
- Upcycling with clothes pegs
- 3 Ways With One Die
Giveaways this issue include:
- £1000 of Hunkydory Crafts prizes
- Starform stickers goody packs
- Woodland Creatures and Book Art books
- Tilda goodies
- Marianne Design goodies
- Woodware goodies
The next issue is out on 20th March and comes with a free stamp and paper set.