Wednesday, 5 February 2014

Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 - Bugaboo

Soooo, Wednesday has rolled around again, and this week that means that it is time for my return to the design team for the challenge over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2, and this week we are sponsored by (drum roll please):





Everything That You Ever Wanted to Know About Bugaboo Stamps: As if raising five children in the frozen land of the North was not enough of a challenge, Jodie Mackrell decided to dip her cold little Canadian toes into the world of papercrafting by opening an online store full of her illustrations. That was two years ago. Today Bugaboo Stamps is one of the leading companies in digital images, and we're still growing! From seriously snarky to sugary sweet to sublimely soulful all the way over to the other side of the super sexy spectrum, you're bound to find all that you need and more to create your paper projects. Jodie works very hard to provide New Releases and Freebies every week!
If your taste runs to rubber (and you know who you are), you can findBugaboo Stamps stamps at Totally Stampalicious. And finally, join theBugaboo Stamps DT for weekly challenges at Catch the Bug.
Our links are:
Store : http://www.bugaboostamps.com/
Catch the bug Challenge blog: http://catchthebugblog.blogspot.com/

A few changes have been made while I have been away trying to catch up with life, but one think that hasn't changed -we have an amazing sketch for you to create with this week.



I found this sketch really easy to use and I made my card using an image from Bugaboo that I have had for a while, but as I have been so busy recently I had not had chance to play with it.  I have a few images like these, but I am on a mission now to try and get them made, especially as I will be doing regular(ish) craft fairs this year.


Anyway, I coloured my image using promarkers and stitched the image onto some pink card stock.  I do still love the effect of stitching on cards, and even though I fall over my sewing machine on a regular basis, I often forget to use it.  However, something about this card drew me to it.  I also stitched the other layers.

My patterned papers were from a Dovecraft paper pack on my stash.  I stitched these onto dark pink card stock.  I then wrapped this panel with pink dotty ribbon and attached the image panel over the top.

To embellish the card, I used some buttons from my stash on the left-hand side and some glittery 'mum' letters along the top of the image.

Just to finish, I added glittery dots in three corners and a bronzey coloured ribbon in the bottom right hand side of the image, basically because I liked the colour.

All was attached to a white blank.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting

Holly
xx





24 comments:

  1. Very sassy card, love it. Thank you for playing along with us at PFP this week & good luck. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a fun image from bugaboo, very pretty...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that sweet polka dot heel image and the cute embellishments you added to this fun card! Thanks for sharing with us at Paper Sweeties this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holly, your card is beautiful!! Love your image and wonderful colors. And of course I love the stitching too!! Enjoy the rest of your week.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Holly. I love the image, pretty colours and fabulous detailing.
    Thank you for taking part in the Passion for Promarkers Challenge this week.
    Sue xx



    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card love this image I wish I could wear shoes like this. Thanks for joining us at Hobbycutz this week, good luck. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! Thank you for joining us this week at Inky Impressions. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card!! Love the image and the buttons :) Thanks for playing along with us at PFP this week and good luck :)
    Hugs Anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome back Holly. You have been missed. Cute card. I love the sewing and your gorgeous pinks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Holly welcome back, very cute card I do love this shoe especially for a shoe addict like me. Great colours and embellishments. Take care and have a great week.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty and fun card !!! Love the image !! Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations Challenges !!

    Mayra DTS (dt-sweetie)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving this image!! Great job. :) Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations! -Alycia

    ReplyDelete
  13. You sure have been busy creating. Lovely creations this week. Love the shoe..and fun papers. This would be the perfect card to give to my mom too. Have a great weekend, Holly.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. A fantastic creation! Thanks for playing at PTW! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Holly, It's nice to see you back with SSW2. Your card is adorable and I know your Mum will love it! Love that shoe image! Hope you have a great week!
    Hugs, Judi

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty card! Love that image. Love Bugaboo! Thanks for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

    Nance, DT Sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the shoe image, fabulous card! Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday. Hugs, Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Welcome back Holly!! You have been mighty busy!! Lots of posts this week!! Love your card - that shoe image is so fun and I LOVE the added buttons!!
    Blessings to you!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations.

    Eva (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous card I just love those shoes. Thanks for joining in the fun this week at Hobbycutz, good luck. Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  21. HI Holly,
    Love your fab card. Those shoes look awesome! Thanks for joining us at Passion For Promarkers this week.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great card Holly! Love the shoe and your wonderful letters for your Mum.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a pretty card, lovely soft colours I like all the different shades of pink. Thank you for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday Challenges. Hugs Samantha K x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget