Wednesday, 26 February 2014

Sweet Sketch Wednesday: Heather Ellis

Soooo, it's Wednesday again, and that means that it is time for another challenge over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2 and this week we have a brand new sponsor:



Heather Ellis is a Writer and Illustrator.  She lives in the United Kingdom with her husband and two children. Coming from a very creative family Heather loves drawing, painting and most of all creating cute characters.
Stop by her shop and have a look around, so many adorable images await you!

Also, as it is the last challenge of the month, we have a Twist - you can use any sketch from this year, but your card must be Monotone (i.e. one colour).

Anyway, without further ado, here is my card:


As you can probably see, I made this card using the sketch from a couple of weeks ago, where we were sponsored by Bugaboo.  My card,, and the sketch, can be found here.

As you can also see, I decided to go pink.  I have no idea why, but it just wouldn't leave my head.  So, my image is coloured with promarker and spectrum noirs.  I also added a spot of glitter on the bubbles and decided that I would slightly break the monotone rule to make the legs of the bath gold (no bath has pink legs after all).  I did, however, make my bubbles pink, but it doesn't show up too well on my photos -sorry.
 
I inked the edge of the image with worn lipstick distress ink.  I also added some craft gauze behind.

The papers I used are both from a Dovecraft pack, which is full of pink, girly papers, so perfect for this card.

I then added some lace along the bottom paper (although this is pretty much hidden) and made some bows from the same lace.  I admit, I'm not 100% sure about the bows, but I didn;t have any better ideas, and they do add to the girlyness of the card.

I die-cut letters to spell 'relax' from scraps of the papers I had used and layered these up so the dark ones were behind the spotty ones, so formed a bit of a shadow.

To finish my card, I added lots of gems - little gems to the corners of the image, bigger gems to the corners of the card and even bigger, square gems to the centre of each bow.

I think that this would be a perfect mother's day card, or a good girly birthday card, or even a just because card as currently it has no sentiment.

I would like to enter this into the following challenges:


Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx












13 comments:

  1. Such a cute card! Really pretty and girly! Thanks for joining us at hobbycutz challenges this week.
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute, and Oh, so girly with all that pink! LOVE IT! Thanks for joining us at Bugaboo's Catch The Bug this week!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Holly. I love the added bows. Hope you have a great week. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your pink Bubble Bath =) The bows are the perfect added touch!! So very cute!!
    Wishing you a Blessed week Holly!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great project, very cute!! Thanks so much for joining us for our Feb Color Challenge at Catch the Bug, I hope you join us again very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet card, Holly! Love the pink colour tones, cute image and lovely embellishments!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Passion for Promarkers! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very lovely looking card. Really sweet! Thanks for playing with us over at Passion for Promarkers and my digital challenge.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute Holly, this is very much a real girly card, with all the pinks and lace bows. Take care and have a great week.
    Hugs
    Kathie
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. adorable! thank you for joining us this week at catch the bug!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww, what a sweetie of a card Holly! Love your shades of pink along with your sentiment! All together, it spells out "perfect!!"

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable! Love the little bows! Thank you so much for linking up with us in our “February color” challenge at Catch The Bug! Please join us, again, next time, for a new sketch and more chances to win! ~~Sammibug~~ DT Member For Bugaboo Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Holly, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is fab. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so adorable! Love the letters as well as the cute bows. Hope you had a relaxing weekend.
    Hugs, Heide

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget