Monday, 24 February 2014

Weddings

Sooo, a couple of weekends ago, excited at getting some wedding invitations and hearing some engagements, I sat down to make some wedding cards.

This first one I have made for my friend's upcoming wedding.  I hope I have chosen the correct shade so that it matches her wedding theme.  A quick call to one of her bridesmaids told me that they were wearing 'grape', so I hope I have got it right.


This card was actually quite simple to make.  I used a 6x6inch white blank and made the grape layer by cutting a slightly smaller piece and inking with dusty concord distress ink.  This is the same colour I used to stamp the wedding motif on the main panel.

I also wrapped this panel with some satin ribbon, threading this onto a circular diamante-style buckle.  Both of these were from Crafty Poodles.

I decided that not only does this make a lovely, elegant wedding card, but would also make an elegant wedding invitation, so I popped them into my Etsy shop (click here) and do you know what, I already have my first order - for 70!

My second card is a rather extreme example of being prepared.  This is a one-off I think, unless there is a huge demand for it, but this is for my cousin's wedding in June (told you I was prepared).

Again, I hope that I have used the right colours.  If not, my Auntie Jacky is to blame (groom's mother), as she confirmed the colours for me.

I made this my covering a card blank with some papers from a paper pack in my stash.  The edges were already aged.  I think of these as my romance papers.  They are all so beautiful.


Again, I wrapped the panel with a burgundy satin ribbon, which had been threaded with a square diamante-style buckle this time.

To finish this card, and to just confirm that it is for a wedding, I stamped a wedding sentiment in black ink.

I really like this card, but I don't have many of this paper, so think that I would like to keep it a one-off.  I hope my cousin and his new wife will like it come their wedding day.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget