Tuesday, 11 March 2014

Cath Kidston Cushion Covers

Sooo, today I would like to share with you some recent cushion projects, all of which are now available in my Etsy shop here, and all of which are one-offs.

I had some Cath Kidston duck fabric left over from other projects.  There wasn't really enough to make a bag, and I wanted something easy to make.  I also had a load of cushion pads lying around the craft room, so I thought that cushion covers would be ideal.

My first one was made using the very popular mushroom fabric, and I put a zip in this one.  I was very nervous making this because, believe it or not, I have never made a cushion cover before.

Anyway, I did my usual making it up as I go along and that seemed to work quite well.  I'm impressed with the finish. 

I then decided to try something a bit different.  Pillow back covers have seemed quite popular recently, so I decided to make one of those.


I loved this fabric I had got from Cath Kidston on my last trip and thought that it would make a lovely cushion cover.  I also had some vintagey-looking buttons, which I decided to use to make a button fastening back (or front).

Again, I made this up as I went along, and it seemed to go quite well.  I think that since I did my first buttonhole, I have become a bit addicted to them.  The only thing I found a bit daunting was the fact that the buttons didn't fit in my buttonhole maker attachment for my sewing machine, so I had to do it the old fashioned way and mark out the buttonhole properly.

Anyway, this seemed to work quite well, so I decided to make my final cover in the same style.  The problem I encountered on this one was that I thought I had three buttons - I did not, I only had two.  I worried what it would look like with only two buttons, but it seems to have turned out OK and I really like this fabric - I think it would appeal to the males of the world as well as the females.

Anyway, these are all now available in my shop.  To keep postage down, I have not included the cushion pads, but if you really wanted them, then I could arrange to send those too.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget