Tuesday, 18 March 2014

Review: Cardmaking & Papercraft - Issue 129 (April)

Soooo, I received my lovely copy of Cardmaking & Papercraft at the weekend and sat down Sunday afternoon to have a read through it well indulging in some much needed catch up TV.  I am pleased to say that I am now caught up on the 'rubbish American dramas' that I like to watch when hubby is not there and that I haven't watched for the last few weeks.

Anyway, I am already digressing.  Just to digress further, I did a personality test at the weekend, which told me I tend to go off topic.  I really don't know what it was talking about!!!

Right, so back to the original topic.  This month's issue comes with a free background stamp and papers set.  The stamp is not too dissimilar to the last background stamp, which I still haven't used.  I have added it to my stash though as I may find a use for it, especially with mother's day coming up soon.

As always, the first feature in the magazine is ideas for using your freebies.  These are mostly cards, but I do like the little favour gift box and I may be using the instructions for these to make some little gift boxes for my jewellery and small items.

5 Ideas For Fabulous Fellas has some great cards.  They use a CD-Rom but a couple of the ideas can be borrowed and adapted if you don't have the CD-Rom.  My favourite is 'perfect gentleman' which looks like a jacket and waistcoat and opens to reveal a shirt and tie on the inside - amazing!  I am going to store this idea away for father's day.

Hens and chickens seem to be haunting me (and telling me I need some chickens) as there is a chicken-themed clipboard, a tea towel and a cook's scrapbook.

April's quick makes has ideas for doilies, an amazing card with a quote from the one and only Coco Chanel and some more lovely cards.

Other projects include:
  • Dawn Philips has some LOTV cards in Stamping Knowhow
  • 10 ideas with ribbon
  • Parchment craft
  • Triple embossing
  • Marbling effects with Leonie Pujol - my recent attempt at marbling cannot be described as 'successful' and I will share with you one day
  • Easter crafting with kids including bunny ears and an Easter basket
  • upcycle with knitting yarn (pompoms a-plenty)
Prizes to be won this issue include:
  • £1,000 worth if Katy Sue Designs (I really want this!)
  • Eastern Promise set from HunkyDory
  • Devine digi kits
  • Sizzix Big Shot and dies.
The next issue is out on 17th April and comes with a cutie bear stamp and embossing folder.

Happy Crafting!

Holly
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
There was an error in this gadget